pupps rash?

edited October 2011 in Third Trimester
I woke up this morning with extremely itchy hives all over my belly. Its been itching for a couple days and I just assumed it was my skin streching but I noticed the raised bumps today. I called the doc and she said to take benadrl (sp) and cortizone cream on it. And to make an apt. In the morning to come get checked out. Anyone have this?

Comments

• I did and so did my siater. I tried oatmeal baths, hydrocortisone cream, bendryl, lotions, prescription hydrocortisone cream and nothing helped. My sister found that dandelion pills helped and grandpas old pine tar soap. I know its hard not to scratch but try not to, I have a billion stretch marks now.
  • @mrsmitchell03 thanks I am willing to try anything this itching is terrible
  • I had it! Its horrible! Aveeno hydrocortizone cream works great ask ob for an antihistamine Of some sort cuz its technically an, allergy
  • Dont scratch!!!
  • Call Walgreens. They actually have a special kind of bar soap and cream for it. One of my co-workerd had it so bad her ob actually had her go to a dermatologist and he suggested tanning. It will go away with the right treatment :)
  • edited October 2011
    My sister looked it up and ut has to do with your liver. Dandelion is good for your liver. Once she stopped taking the pills the rash came back and itched her like crazy! How much longer do you have?heat made mine itch worse!
  • @sunshinelove yes it is horrible... bad enough uncomfortable from pregnancy but add in the itching....
    @Babymama18 I am really trying not to but its very hard
    @Blessedbe_x3 I am going to the doc tomorrow and if she doesn't perscribe something I will do that.
    @mrsmitchell03 I am 38 weeks so I don't have that much longer and he is messuring big so my doc mentioned possibly inducing me because now I just found somemore patches of it on my thighs.
  • Thats around the time when I got it. I measured big too had him at 39 weeks exactly, but was induced for pre eclampsia then had him c section, my legs and arms started itching like crazy, but not my belly anymore.
  • Using hubbys account.

But I'm 34 weeks and have had the same exact thing for like two weeks. My Dr didn't even seem the least concerned and prescribed steroid cream...also look for grandpas pine tar soap!! Both of those things have seem to help a lot!! Also keep the areas cool! I started just sleeping in my underwear because I found the heat made it worse. Take warm showers not hot. Oh! And try to take a shower and scrub with a loofa twice a day. The soap literally smells like a camp fire but I'm telling you it helps a lot!
  • for the nights the itching keeps you awake take benadryl.
  • Another thing lol try to keep your shirt off your belly. The rash on your belly will go away at some point.
  • @mrsmitchell03 thank you I am going to try and talk them into inducing me so I don't end up in a c section. Since he is messuring big too.
    @SN2DADDY thanks I will try the soap and see what they say today and yes I. Have been sleeping in basically nothing cause the more that touches it makes it itch even worst
  • edited October 2011
    Gosh those cortisone creams made my belly itch like crazy :/ it felt good when my fiance would gently run his fingers ovee my belly.

I know it sounds wierd, but im glad I got this puppps rash. it was the one and only time I went to l&d and I found out I had pre e that night. when they put the monitors on my belly the monitirs and tge strap made me itch sooooo bad!

Yes! Try to get induced. I ended up having a c section because they didnt want to get his shoulder stuck since he was a big baby. At 39 weeks he was born weighing 8ibs 12.7oz. First thing I heard someone say when he was born was, "wow he has big shoullders!". Try to get an induction! My fiance broke his collar bone because he was too big and was a vaginal birth! Dont take no for an answer. How far are you measuring? Good luck %%-
  • @mrsmitchell03 yes I am about to call then now last weds I was messuring between 39 and 40 weeks and I was 37... now I'm 38 so we will see. And I am far enough along that he should be ok and yeah I am a tiny girl 5 foot and was 115 prepregnancy and weds I weiged 164... my b/p has been really good though.
  • Omg goodness. Ya, I hope they induce you! My fiance was 9ibs 11oz and his mom had a small body frame.
  • @mrsmitchel03 my doc was going to induce me today but insurance won't cover it until I am 39 weeks so she scheduled me for induction next tues. I can't wait!
  • Grandpas pine tar soap mine lasted 3 weeks post partum :( good luck! I got my dr to induce c section two weeks early.
  • @trace0622 did the itching continue that long too? And where can I find this soap?
  • Yes it was horrible. I ordered it online for 3.00 just google it and hit shopping tab and it will show u the lowest price. Good luck to you I am 6 weeks pp and finally starting to get my skin looking ok but I do have some battle scars I scrached my skin up pretty bad at night in my sleep.
  • @trace0622 yeah nigt time seems to be the worst I am really trying not to scratch but I think this is worst than poison ivy... I'm so mad at my insurance haha.