My labor story <3

@MrsMitchell03 @excitedforoctober @sexysecondtimemom @paige11 @firsttimeoct_mom @nameless @Mrz_Jackson2anprego @lmelanson @grissy_barria @myhearyzx3 @littlefae @crazyhmommy @mrsrocketfield1221 @momof22be @mommyheather @breewashington Sorry if I forgot anyone!

As most of you know I been in early labor for about 4 days or so.. I have other threads on that if you would like to read :)

10-11-11 @ 2am my water broke ! It wasn't a big gush but it was a heavy trickle, I went to the hospital and found out I was 2-3 cm and they were admitting me. Contractions started to pick up and they kept checking me which hurt soo bad I would cry! Around 5 cm and I was in soo much pain I was crying with every one so they gave me epidural, at first it was great, warm numbing sensation to my legs, but after the first hour and a half it was fading away and it took the edge off contractions but it still hurt and I felt the dialation checks and them touching and poking me and everything. Worst pain ever :/ so I told my nurse and she basically told me it was normal but the pain hurt so bad and I was bugging her so much that she let me press the button for more epi. Same thing happened and I was to a point to where I was screaming and in pain and was on 7 cm, they gave me lidocane through my epi and also pitocen to speed it up... It helped a lot! Until I started to have the need to push ! I was at a 7 crying in pain and started to dialate really quick then the lidocane decided to wear off the numbing in and around my vagina but I didn't feel contractions but I felt the need to push really really bad which was causing more pain. They gave me a second dose of lidocane and the same thing happened. I ended up on 8 then 9 then ten really fast. I was really feeling the need to push but they wouldn't let me kuz my doctor didn't get there yet and the babys head wasn't close enough....... I was in excruciating pain for about an hour and a half more. Then my nurse comes in to do a few practice pushes.. I totally fail kuz I'm not doing it right and she's getting mad.. so I bust out crying and tell her I want to get a c section..
The nurse goes to get everything ready and my mom and boyfriends mom come into the room and tell me how I can do it and I'm still sayin no no no I can't do this I give up its too hard and painful..
My doctor arrives and says I'm guna do practice pushes with you and then if babys head don't come down more you will get a c section as you wish. I do a few practice pushes and she comes down ! :) it hurt really bad and I blacked out twice but no one believed me.. I remember pushing and everything turned black and I got my vision back all dizzy and the room was spinning I was pushing soo hard. They told me I was fine but then it happened again Idk why they didn't believe me its not like ima lie about blacking out my babys head was almost crowning.. so my dr tells me that the baby is about to crown and It's guna burn.. she crowns and I felt a little burn but not too intense.. then my blood flies on her face (it was super funny though I didn't laugh until after I delivered) then I push her shoulders out and the rest slides right out.. she was out within about 7 pushes :) then The placenta came.. it didn't hurt at all its so soft and squishy. I got a 3rd degree tear and stitches hurt a lil. My mom, boyfriend, and his mom were there with me.. perfect coaching team. I did all this with my epi halfway worn out. I'm so proud! She's so gorgeous,. I love her too much !

Alana Noelle
6lbs 15oz
Born 10-11-11

Due date 10-20-11

My labor lasted 18 hours .

Oh Yes and Andy was the best !! He did everything for me from helping me with my bed about 29 times to standing by my side the whole 18 hours. He really surprised me I'm soo happy he really showed me how much he loves me <3 he literally did anything and everything he can to make me feel better.

I just realized I can lay on my tummy soon !!! Yay but I still miss lana in my tummy :( I'm guna get some more rest though night preglys

Oh and I'm really really really scared to poop & I didn't poop in labor.. I must be very constipated lol.

Comments

• Wow! Long labor but its all worth it :) congrats mama..can't wait to see pics
  • Omg u pop already con grates lucky u. Ur story scarde me I dnt want my epi to fade on me...
  • go poop if you have too!
    Congratulations again!
    Glad your stupid bf wasn't stupid (jkjk) glad He was helpful!
    Freaking nurses making you wait..that's the hardest thing (I had to wait for my Dr. too).
    Can't lay on tummy soon if your gonna breastfeed..boobies will be sore and engorged by day 3 or 4 :/
    Can't wait to see pics! Get some rest! :)
  • wow wat an event...? Congrats mama, sooo happy 4 u tho, ur princess is here!! Enjoy ur lil treasure!!
  • Congrats Hun I can't wait till I get to come out to Vegas and finally meet up with all my veglys. ;) and see all our little ones. :)
  • Congrats momma!!!
  • @myheartzx3 Yes it took forever ! And Yes big time I love her too much !

@roxy Yes I was soo scared though , epi wasn't that good in my opinion for me lidocane was better but nothing completely took the pain away or made me feel comfy..it can be totally different for you though but I would still def get the epi. Took about 5 mins to put in and didn't hurt a bit.

@nameless I'm scared ! Lol thank youu and Yes I'm so proud of him :) my nurse drove me crazy.. she was a bitch and was arguing with me and My mom ugh.. I didn't like giving birth at this hospital (summerlin). I still feel pregnant lol I don't think ima sleep on my tummy for a few days I'm not bfing though. And Yes I need it, Im going to try to fall asleep again I only slept a few hours. But I'm too excited and scared ill wake up and this is all a dream lol. ill put a pic as soon as I get one :)

@sexysecondtimemom rightttt ! And thank youuuu :)

@momof22be Yes !! We all need to have a baby date :)

@littlefae thank you :)

@jtmoon98 Iam :) I'm still so shocked and Yes the pelvic pain went away already when I had her :) but the whole time I was in labor the epi and lidocane passed up that pain and didn't numb it or anything just everywhere around it for a while ..... how terrible rightttt.. Now just having stupid butt problems :'(
  • Congrats! I too had a 3rd degree tear...ice packs and tucks pads! I had a numbing cream, but I've read others had a spray...use it! I also invested in some depends after a friend told me she used them...much easier to put on/take off than undies. I didn't need pain meds at all with using the ice packs. Pooping is probably going to hurt like hell, at least it did for me, but drink loads of water and take the stool softener. I ended up having to use a bit of milk of magnesia to help things along bc I couldn't poop for 4 days. Congrats on your baby girl! :-)

@roxy my epidural worked like a charm. In fact it was still in effect about 45 mins after they disconnected it. It didn't affect my pushing either, I only pushed for 45 mins (I'm a ftm) I had a great nurse who talked me through how to push correctly.
  • Awww yay! I wish ur daughter wud tell my son to come out! Lol im so proud of u & congrats on ur new bundle of joy :) get some rest while u can!
  • Congrats mama :) im so proud of you!
  • Congratulations
  • Wow that's pretty crazy with your epi only kinda working, but it sounds like you did great! Congrats mama!!!
  • Congrats sweetie you're so strong!
  • Aww hun I'm so happy for you!!! Congrats on being a mommy finally. Reading your birth story gave me chills!!! Enjoy your new baby girl :)
  • Congrats!!!!! I thought it wouldbe soon
  • Awww congrats bet she's beautiful!! Can't wait to c a pic Send me the rest of ur labor dust ;)
  • Ty gd to know
  • @mam082711 feeling better just hope it dnt give out on me