help me please!!!

edited October 2011 in Ages & Stages
Can anyone help me? My two yr old daughter crys in her sleep at night only. It's a cry as if something is bothering her or she's in pain but I can't figure it out if anyone can help please do so

Comments

• Pray thats the best I know
  • its probably night terrors, my son used to get them all the time..he only gets them occasionally now. does she wake up fully from it?
  • My son has been like that. He has nightmares, I just give him lots of cuddles and reassure him everything is okay and he is slowly getting better
  • Night terrors probably nothing helps it they have to grow out of it I had them bad as a kid where is run and try to escape lol we lived in apt that where second floor lol I broke 2 Windows trying to jump out of them but eventually I grew out of it
  • I'd say night terrors too. My daughter gets them. Our pediatrician told us not to go get her if she is having one, b/c she will never go back to sleep. If she cries a little then settles out I don't go in, but if it persists and she doesn't settle out then I go check her. I guess there is a difference between a night terror and nightmare. He said it was ok to get her if she's had a nightmare, but not ok if it's a night terror. I don't know the difference.
  • Sounds like night terrors, they are not the same as nightmares. Nightmares are something that they have when they get scared or watch something weird. Night terrors have to do with a mess up in their sleeping rythm. Don't try to wake her up while screaming! It actually scares them and does not help. If you let her settle down on her own she will not even remember having it. Also just watch her to make sure she doesn't hurt herself, watch for sleep walking (can be associated with night terrors), we put a lock up high on our front and back door to insure our 4 year old can't leave while sleep walking. Night terrors usually go away on their own around 8 years of age. Some things you can try are waking her up just a little bit about 30 mins after she falls asleep. This sort of resets her sleep pattern and can sometimes prevent the night terror that night. Also keep her on a strict sleep schedule, lack of sleep makes then worse.
  • @ roxy I've been praying.
    @gsmommy she's does wake up kinda but looks confused when she does.
    @ darknessofthenight4u oh my gosh I'm gonna be Freaking out now
    @dreamaria mmm I don't know either hopefully she grows out of it soon.
    @brittbeck ok I'm gonna try that hopefully iy works.
    Thank you ladies for your help