Need someone to talk to

edited October 2011 in Postpartum Depression
My pregnancy I was so worried about getting ppd and I seriously think I have it. I don't want to end up in the hospital. I had my son oct 10th and started zoloft the next day 50mg. I just want to feel better!! What Did you ladies do to get over this and how long did it take?

Comments

• I have struggle with depression before and I really think talk therapy helps so much. Maybe try to find someone who specializes with ppd? Also I have heard w a lot of depression meds it takes about 2 weeks to feel a difference. Good luck hun
  • I didn't get it..but have had depression when I was younger and it sucked :( I'm sorry your going through this. I remember when I was taking paxil in high school it took 2-3 weeks to start working but it did make things a little better when it did. Its good you let your dr know and have started meds already, your on your way!! Just hang in there, know it will end eventually and congrates on your little one :) sorry I couldn't really help much
  • @momtob thank you! I'm so sick of waiting
    @314babymama1120 I'm trying to find someone. Thanks
  • @jess510 I'm going thru it bad and would love someone to talk to...maybe we can lean on each other during this horrible time
  • i have been there! but it was because I had my son at 30 weeks and watched him every day be poked and prodded and tubed..it was hard..i never got on any meds for it because once he came home, i was better.
    i hope things get better for you, do you have insurance or anything to find someone to talk too? or even just a friend or close relative to help you get through it? :)
  • @kenzie0713 since I wrote this I had to be hospitalized.... Id definetly like to to be there for each other. Do you have facebook?
  • Are you doing better
  • How did it go at the hospital?
  • @samantha yes @molly I wrote on @kenzie0713 post. Please read it
  • @jess510 yes I have face book McKenzie Faragon. How are things??? Better I hope!