Gerber good start vs. similac

edited October 2011 in Babies
Did anyone never have any success with similac formulas but switched their baby to gerber goodstart and had success? My 3 month old has been on everything. He will not drink any kind of enfamil formula. He was on similac sensitive for a while but started not sleeping at night because of gas. I switched him to the alimentum and its helped a little but hes still gassier than I had expected on the alimentum. I dont think he has a milk allergy thats severe really. Im just trying to figure out which formula is the best . Im thinking about trying good start plus. Comments/ advice? Thanks ladies

Comments

• Gerber good start made my daughter vomit and be really colicy. I've heard a lot of babies have issues on it. Have you tried a soy formula?
  • How long have u tried each? Dr told me when changing give it 2 weeks before knowing if we should switch again . My son is on similac sensitive and it took a lil over a week for him to adjust and be comfortable with it.
  • Similac made my son Casey and didn't have a bowel movement for three days :( enfamil made him spit up after only an ounce n just got worse the more he ate.... then I went to good start gentle and we have no problems at all ....
  • I like simialc. I use use the spitup onen at first he didnt poop for three days then it went to everyother day now he goes every day..it took two weeks for him to not spitup at all with his reflux and regulate his bowl movements.. but now he is normal. He does fart a lot though lol
  • Every baby is different but I prefer good start. If your baby is having an upset stomach and spitting up try switching to soy for a little while.
  • Try similac soy it is non milk based
  • grayson gets constipated horribly on soy. ive seriously been through them all. hes been on alimentum for probably a week and a half. i tried good start tonight because id prefer him be on a milk based regular formula. i doubt highly that he needs the hypoallergenic formula. something has got to give. he was on similac sensitive for about a month and a half