my baby throws up through his nose is that normal???

edited October 2011 in October 2011
He'll throw up from both his mouth and nose and today after a feeding he sneezed and milk came out his nose, it kinda concerns me but idk if that's normal for infants, he'll be three weeks on Saturday by the way!

Comments

• Was he born early?
  • @momof22be no I had him a day before my due date.
  • edited October 2011
    Three of my friends had their babies at 37 weeks exactly and all their babies do that idk I'm no doc but it seems like a trend but they said to tell u try to use Dr browns bottles with air flow and burp him after every oz or so same with bf pull him off and burp him like every 5 min. Good luck hun
  • Some babies just must do that its ok though oh and if u r formula feeding ask ur doc if u can switch to soy or half and half formula like the sensitive one
  • My little boy was like that pediatrician says it was from drinkin to much milk cause baby's stomach is small like their fist. My mom got so scared when it happened when she babysat she called 911. Try feeding him a less amount and see if that helps btw how much oz is he drinkin?
  • @momof22be hmm yeah I was googling it and some ppl mentioned their babies having reflux. I breast and formula feed but mainly feed formula since my milk supply is low! Its scary ill def bring it to my docs attention tho I give him enfamil btw
  • @proudtobemommyagain that's what I figured, he started off drinking only 2oz now he drinks between 2 and 4oz.
  • My baby did it & my nephew did I think she drank too much cuz as soon as I took the bottle out her mouth she threw up & it came out her nose, I got scared but I'm sure it doesn't harm them just scares us!
  • I was told its because how my baby breathes while she's eating and that its normal.
  • I would say give him a little less or space his feedings a little more. Some babies are just greedy lol the
  • My friends baby is 4 months and she feeds her 4oz every 3 hours but the poor thing cries all the time its so sad