Epidural?

edited November 2011 in Labor
Sadly I have came to the conclusion that I'm getting an epidural whenever I go in labor.I wanted to do natural but who in the hell am I kidding? I damn near cry when I stub my toe,get a paper cut,so I'm 100% sure I won't be able to handle intense contractions! I'm still gonna try but I already know the outcome lol! A round of applause to you ladies who have the bslls to do it natural lol you truly are a phenomenal women :-)

Comments

• I wit ya ! I had my baby 3 days ago an I demanded the epideral before any contractions ! But I was induced an i been induced before so I no Wat I was in for
  • Lol. Im going for all natural! But im also keeping an open mind so who knows...i may wimp out too! Lol
  • Its much better for your back.since I have had my epi my back hurts like hell
  • Have yu thought abt hypnobabies??? Iwas thinking abt doing that... but like yu said who thee hell am ikidding icry when iget period cramps... or scream when istep on a sharp object... almost not being able to take thee docs fingers going up my vagina... ibroke out in a full force sweat hahaha so im with yu... team epi!! Imma try natural but shit once it gets too much im throwing in thee towel lol
  • I didnt want the epi at first and got it its wonderful if I wasnt so numb I woulda gone dancing lol I was still very lively and alert and comfortable
  • @Mrz_Jackson2anpreggo I just knpw myself to well all natural is not for me lol * congratulations what did you have?

@Mimii36 I thought about just sucking up the pain & going all natural but I know it's not gonna happen smh lol

@preggointx I've heard good & bad about the epi..some take,some don't! And some people have problems after..how Long has it been since you gave birth?

@mommimisha what's hypnobabies?& mannn I get tears in my eyes when I get my cervix checked lol I be tryna do the spiderman up the wall haha but I'll give it a go but soon as I get ONE contraction that kicks my ass I quit lol

@MyBamBina28 see that's why I want the epi so I can crack jokes & be myself because in natural labor you can barely talk..but the downside is not being able to walk around
  • I got an epidural and it didn't even take I could still feel my legs and everything...I was pissed, I ended having a csetion and they had to put me to sleep so my bd wasn't able to be by my side when Kaylee was born
  • @Tootie08 oh no :-( why you end up having a c section? & how was the recovery? I'm going in optimistic & hopefull that It won't end up in csection but I really wouldn't care as long as my son is ok
  • Its like where you put yurself in a state of mine to where yu dnt feel pain.. have you ever taken yoga? Its like when yur in yoga and yu do deep breathing and focus... im not too much help iread abt it... if yu google it yu will find a whole bunch of info... Imma try it...
  • @August22baby jeez 5? That's terrible but idk I'll gave to see what the pain is like first lol but I'm keeping an open mind (sorta)

@mommimisha hmmm that's interesting! Ill have to look into that! Wonder if it will really work.
  • U wont mind trust me..i couldnt walk but I was still able to move my legs.
  • edited November 2011
    lol i asked for my epidural right when i got to the hospital both times! i don't think i could do it without it even tho the last time i could have because by the time they put it in..i dilated soo fast i had to push right after!
  • I was gonna try natural too but that failed :/ i was stuck at 2cm with contractions back to back for like 10hrs. I got tired & said F-it give me the epi & im really happy I did cause I was able to rest plus I ended up with a csection so it worked out anyways(:
  • I'm getting one too cause I'm a sissy when it comes to pain
  • I def didn't have the balls to go without butttt it stopped working on me completely and they just turned it off...surprisingly I handled the pain better then I thought...ended up with a csection anyways but I'm glad I got to experience actual labor pains...makes me realize just how much us women can handle :) congrats and good luck
  • Dont even feel bad. If you know yourself then do what fits you. You have nothing to prove. Youre going to be a momma and thats reward enough! I got an epi and it didnt take:( They gave it to me early but I still felt EVERYTHING. I was screaming...smh They kept upping the dose but instead of being pain free, my girl came out sleeping...lol She cried just enough to let us know she was ok but went straight to sleep. Im praying that I have a different experience this time around. You will be ok tho. Like everyone says, its all worth it once theyre here.
  • Women back in the day didnt get epis bcuz they were not invented! Who goes to the dentist to get a tooth pulled and says "no anesthesia please, our bodies were made for this"? Its not fair to look down on women who get it or put the,women who dont on a higj pedestal.
  • Not trying to be mean, just saying u shouldnt feel bad for getting one
  • I did natural birth with my son on Friday
  • I just had my baby girl Friday. Epis are god sends lemme tell ya. Even though I had a hot spot on my left side and could feel things I loved it. I ended in a c section though cause she got stuck when I was dilated to 9.
  • You would be surprised what you can deal with. If it was truly that bad humans would have died off centuries ago. I had a 17 hour labour with my son and had about 2 hours of gas... And a 2 hour labour with my daughter, only just got to the hospital in time lol so definitely no time for any pain meds.
    Im not against pain relief but if your already in the mind set you will get the epi then there really isnt and hope you will go natural.
  • I was scared of getting the epi & wanted to go natural, but wasn't sure how the pain felt, the nurse said it was great I kept a open mind but after @ least 8hrs of labor I quickly changed my mind I got the epi(it wasn't bad at all in my opinion) & relieved my pain but ended up in a c-section & it didn't take had 2 get a spinal(3times)....I say jus wait 2 feel the contractions but keep a open mind, everybody pain tolerance is different! @Lovinmyunborn
  • I think our bodies were made for labor but thats just MY opinion. Nothing wrong with women who get them. Like I said..i have an openmind so I may end up with one anyway. I just wont make that decision until I feel like I absolutely have too!
  • edited November 2011
    I couldn't get an epi with my first son because I dilated to fast. The contractions are painful can't deny that but it forced me to push really good my lil boy was out in 5 pushes..I think if I was able to get the epi I wouldn't had pushed as well cause from my understanding ur numb down there..but I'm definately not countin the epi out if things get to rough this time around Im definately gettin one
  • I did it all natural. No nothin. I felt the same way as u, i would cry over ne damn bump or bruise, even pass out sometimes. Which was wat i was worried about the most. But i set my mind up tht i wanted to do it natural so i did. 3 hrs labor, half hr pushing. If i could take it bak would i do the same? Oh ya! Id say try it first, u can always decide to get one afterall. N remember the epidural is only for the contractions not the labor ;) good luck!
  • @excitedforoctober I really like your analogy
  • My sisters back STILL HURTS from getting an epidoral in January!!!! Goodluck
  • I had my lil girl 6 days ago and I went into active labor at 4am by 7am when I got to the hospital I couldn't stand, sit, or lay down. It was horrible. I got the epidural, and bc of that I was able to enjoy the birth of my baby :) I'm so glad I did. But its up to you sweetie, everyone's experience is different!
  • @teeniemommy on the 26th? thats when i had my little girl too. i also SAID i wanted to go all natural buttttttttttttttttttt that plan failed! lol oh and congratsss on your daughter! :)