Early Labor...I Need to Get It Started

edited November 2011 in Labor
Well I am 38 weeks & 1 day and I got examined for the first time yesterday. My doctor told me that I was dilated to 3cm but my cervix was still long, which is normal for someone who has been pregnant before. But I'm ready to get this started. Anyone is the same situation or have any suggestions on getting my labor in active status?

Comments

• Walking helped more then any thing sex didn't evn work for me I walkd the mall an next day Startd losing my plug
  • Walking, sex, squats... Unless baby is ready though nothing will really help...
  • Stairs broke my water
  • @Mrz_Jackson2anpreggo Lucky. I thought about going to the mall today and walking around. Hopefully it helps. How long did you walk for?

@tinka1326 I know. He better be ready. I just need a push because I'm tired of being preggo.

@kritten_octoberbby Really. How long did you walk up and down the stairs for?
  • I only walkd around it once but I was 3cm an 50% but I still nevr went into labor I was induced Friday .
  • Actually i went up once and down once to the movies.. its a lot of stairs though..
  • I'm 38+5 and have been doing nipple stimulation for the last 2 days and as I type contractions are kicking my ass! I've also been rubbing castor oil on to my bump and jumping just really randomly around the house lol I have a soon to be 3yr old and when he goes the toilet I wait at the bottom of the stairs for him and I jump until he gets back down the stairs, he must think I'm cracking up lol. I'm going to buy some parsley, lemons and honey tomorrow and make parsley tea :)
  • @Mrz_Jackson2anpreggo Okay. Well at least you were getting induced. I wish...my body is so tired.

@mums_the_word Does doing jumping jacks help? It seems like I would get tired even before I got started. lol If you don't mind me asking. How do you do the nipple stimulation?
  • You can use a pump like 5 minutes on each side or pinch the aereola and move in on the nipple kinda like a baby would suck.
  • I was 0 cm at my first check and 40% effaced then two weeks later I got checked for the second time and was 1 cm and 70% effaced, I went home and had sex woke up in the middle of the night having contractions, had sex in the morning and walked my dog around the neighborhood and had my son that night :) he's one day old now! Labor dust and good luck!
  • My midwife told me manual is better when it comes to nipple stimulation and do it while on your birthing ball for along as possible and at some point throughout the day try and get a good 2 hrs straight nipple stimulation going. Just kinda gently pull and tweak (just as if it were a new born sucking). You have to do it a lot to get anywhere with it. I'm guessing jumping jacks would work just aswel as randomly hoping threw your house lol
  • Just ate labor cake. Yah I'm 3 and 34%.. .have been for 4 days. Trying to get him to make up his mind & get out!
  • @happymommyof2 Thank you. I did try it earlier so we will see.

@pawgio Congratulations!!! I will try some good ol' sex. Lol I walked earlier and even went up and down some stairs...So wish me luck.

@mums_the_word Wow. I didn't know you would have to do it for that long. I'll have to try again.

@Pinkigirl How far along are you? And what is labor cake? But good luck to you as well. I hope you go into labor soon .
  • 38 weeks.
    Its super chocolate cake. Devils food cake, chocolate pudding mix-chocolate chips, & sour cream. Its actually good. My hubby ate a piece & told his friends it was good. Now still waiting. My dr
  • Well I'd recommend nipple stimulation they way I'm doing it as I'm getting contractions now and there 12 minutes apart, just getting to the point where they make me stop what I'm doing
  • @Pinkigirl Okay. That sounds good. Lol

@mums_the_word I might do that some more. After walking yesterday and going up and down the stairs I had some mild contractions last night & now I lost my bloody show. So I don't know how much longer I have.