first dr appts/symptoms junebug mamas?

edited November 2011 in June 2012
Our first appt will be nov. 21 (9wks) ...it's our first pregnancy we've made past 6 wks. How about u guys? If it's your first... is daddy coming? Are u excited?

How's everyone feeling? What's your symptoms?

Comments

• Our first actually appt was oct 28. First ultrasound was nov 1. 9w then now 10w 2d. My hubby came with to both of those. And he will probably to almost all. He works nights so he is always off during appts! Next appt is set for the 22 i'll be 12w.
    I feel fine... My symptoms are on and off I don't even know how too explain any! Lol
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ltlnckl ugh i wish i could go in & make sure things are ok but i don't want to go without my hubby... I'm gonna call though to make sure i can at least hear the heartbeat. I feel like i am excited but keep a distance as well just bc of last yr i guess. So fun that we have the same dd right now though! We'll all have to be belly buddies!!

I've been kinda nauseas on & off but that's it besides cramps. Well... and being tired. Lol hoping it's ok that's it :-ss

@babyluv8 ahhh ur getting so far! Almost in the second tri! Yet!!! Ahhh so excited for u! :)

So anyone showing or feeling like they're starting too?
  • I feel fatter if thats what you mean? I don't think at 9 weeks you will hear the heart beat, but if they were to give you an u/s you should be able to see it! I think I read between 10-14 you can start to hear it.
  • @babyluv8 ...yeah, won't show early but i myself feel bloated lol

See my friend just heard the heartbeat at 8-9 wks & didn't have an u/s till her next appt... maybe it depends on the dr but if i could have either... just to know things look ok... I'd love to! :)
  • Hmmmm when I had my first appt and he told me I measured 8-9 I was actually 8w 3d. He tried hearing for it but couldn't. So I dunno maybe! My baby center app said 10w. My dr also only used his stethoscope thing not a doppler.
  • @babyluv8 oh maybe it was her second appt then!! Ahhh i don't want a first i just wanna skip to the second lol

Except I'm annoyed bc I've been waiting for months for my work to figure out their damn insurance ...they're now adding maternity back after they took it away. So i have no insurance & now they're looking at one more quote... when they had just decided! So i have to wait longer and now wont have it for my appt
  • I loss my last one May 26th & im 8was 1 day prego today... Im always nervous if i don't feel symptoms... I went in at 5 weeks cuz of spotting & had a ultrasound to make had a ultrasound to make sure it wasn't a ectopic (in my tubes)...& it was fine... Then had ultra sound at 6weeks to see heartbeat... & heartbeat was 125... & i don't see Dr again til the 17th... Im scared & panicing... I want to hear the heartbeat again... Im behaving sharp pains... Cramping... Tender boobs... Heartburn... Headaches... Dizziness & nausea...
  • @mrsrocketfield1221 Holy cow!!!! I totally missed your pregnancy announcement! CONGRATULATIONS! I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! :)
  • @babysolorio ahhh u did hear it early? Bc i want to!! But bc of the freakin insurance issue i may have to wait bc i don't wanna pay an arm & a leg for extra things... it stinks! :( i guess we'll see. But I'm like u, i hate not knowing! I need to comfort myself & maybe i'll be able to be a bit more excited? I dunno...

My cramps made me crazy but i know they're a good thing now. All of your symptoms are text book lady! Good job! Lol that's a healthy baby in there!! We're only a week off.... so excited that i have a cpl of ttc girls as belly buds ;)

@dreamaria :-D yey!!! Haha it was oct 24 or something ...but i had to wait a wk to tell my hubby!! I did it in a fun way though ;) but now i can't tell family or fb till just before christmas bc i want to be 12+ wks!! I'll be 13-14 at christmas... come on sticky baby elmer!!
  • Na i didnt get to hear ut early but i saw it which is even better :) but its been 2weeks & I've gone threw a big terrible situation with my family last week & i couldn't eat for 3 days & i cried & cried alot... I've been stressing & I've been cramping alot with sharp pains so i jus want some reassurance that my baby is ok... Last time i had no clue anything was wrong with ny baby... I had no spotting... My babies heart just stopped fir no reason besides stress... I found out threw a ultrasound...
  • @babysolorio is everything ok?! Sorry to hear about your hard times. If u need to talk let me know! I've been through some tough stuff. Just try to take care of yourself & baby!!

My friend went through the same thing with her pregnancy, at 11 wks. Scares the crap outta me!! Just trying not to over think it all & be positive.

@kristaf22 :) thanks for the info girl! I sure hope they so something for me... I'm gonna make a point to talk about the mc last yr so maybe they'll be more on top of it!
  • @kristaf22 well my freakin work doesn't even have my insurance set up yet! It's been "being worked on" for months bc they took off maternity & now want to add it bc so many ppl wanted it. So i wont even have insurance for my first appt & i'm pissed off! I wonder if they'll back pay? Probably not. So they had decided on which quote they were gonna go with 2 wks ago... now they're "looking in to one more". Son of a!!! I'm pregnant here i need me G.D. insurance already!! Not to mention the owner is a cheap ass so really it isn't good insurance anyways... whatev! I'm still gonna see what u can do ...since i am sooooo worried i can't go another day!! ;)
  • Do u think i should ask ahead of time... or while I'm there?
  • @kristaf22 we only have one college around this wonderful area ;) and.... my husbands ex is in the nursing program. We don't want her to find out yet so i don't think i'll be trying that... such a good idea though lol just my luck!
  • Cant wait to see your ultrasound. Let us know how it went. @mrsrocketfield1221
  • ...they tried to do the doppler but no luck! Ugh! We try again in 3 wks...
  • I'm bummed for you, but at 8w 4 days we were unable to hear ours too. and in most my apps they say around week 10-14 is where most hear it for the first time! Luckily we had an u/s at 9w. Today at my appt my exes ex was my nurse talk about awkward!
  • @mrsrocketfield1221 How are you and elmer?? :)
  • My first apt was actually in october and since i have an upside down uterus they had to do an ultrasound and i actually got to hear the heartbeat, but on the 13th of this month i found out i'm having a girl! and yes, the baby's father has been there for every apt and will be there for the birth! ♥
  • OH n I AM VERRY excited!! his mom is too esp. b/c she had 5 boys she wanted it to be a girl!! ♥
  • @babyluv8 just saw this!!!! Awkward for sure!!!!! Lol that's kinda funny!

@junemommak congrats!!! How many weeks were u when u found out??!??
  • I was 15 weeks when I found out it was funny too because I thought I was just going for an ultrasound so when she told me I could find out that day I was ecstatic and my bf was just sitting there like nooo b/c he wanted it to be a surprise but oh well we told him anyway =P ♥
  • N how about u? Will ur baby's father be there? Do u want a boy or a girl? ♥
  • edited December 2011
    Ohhh what a neat surprise @junemommak !! So what was your u/s for at 15 wks? I want another! Lol

My hubby (the father lol) will be there for sure... And my 2 stepdaughters if we can bc I think it would be really neat for them to be a part of! Since he has 2 girls & has always wanted a boy I am praying he gets his little man! But of course we'll be happy no matter what! ;) ...but what a gift if I could give him his boy since this is our first & last!!! Ahhhhh I'm excited to find out bc I have has dreams of both so I honestly have no clue! :!! :-W

And his youngest is 6 & is not ready to give up her baby girl spot so she said it better be a boy! Oh geez! Lol
  • I kno I coudn't believe it but the lady scheduled my apointment for the wrong day b/c I went in on the 8th (I scheduled an early apt with my doc b/c I had some concerns, but everything was ok.) when my actual apointment was the 16th. So she told me ok we'll make u one for the 9th of Jan. at 10AM. Next thing I kno I get a call from the hospital saying I have one on the 13th? I told the woman, are you sure this is right, b/c my doctor said the 9th! She said yes to come in b/c the doctor supposedly told her to make the next one asap so I went in and they told me the lady DID mess up! But it's funny b/c I wasn't supposed to be there and I got an early surprise! N that's good ur husband will be there for you it's nice to have that kind of support! N that's funny she said it better be a boy! I've seen a lot of lil girls be like that it's normal shoot I'm my dad's youngest and only girl I would have been the same way if my mom got pregnant after me! I'm SUCH a daddy's girl! But I hope u two get ur baby boy just pray to God and hopefully he answers ur prayers! If not then good luck! (I mean that in a good way too, I just know how hectic all boys AND all girls can be!) N y will it be ur last? R u getting ur tubes tied? If not n u don't want to share it's ok I understand! ♥
  • @junemommak geez that's funny, but lucky you!! ;)

We just can't afford supporting more than 3 kids, and I'd it's a girl my hubby can't handle if he had 4 girls plus a wife & an ex! Lol really, I'd like 2 children so they can grow up together since the girls will be 7 @ a month from 9 & we don't have them all the time... I never wanted an only child... But money wise things just aren't good & he keeps saying he only wants one more try (this try) for a boy. It's not 100% but... Seems like that's the way it'll be.

He lost an amazing job he had gotten after 3 yrs if hard times, the week before thanksgiving & just finally got a new job ...but he's making less than me by a good amount now & we had nothing in savings! It's been super stressful & it adds to his stress bc he has me & our needs to take care of (although I'm the one providing more) as well has his 2 girls & the child support he pays their mom... So I understand his fear in having another as far as $ goes, but don't agree with the gender issue! Lol
  • Ohk I see. Well again I hope u guys get ur lil man! But u never kno what the future holds, if you two get into a better financial sitch another child could be possible. Also, accidents do happen so you never kno! N that does sound pretty stressful, my dad made less than my mom for awhile too but that's just lyf nowadays the man or the woman could make more n it rily shouldn't matter but u kno men it gets to them a lil bit even if they don't admit it! They rily can't help it tho it's in their genes, for thousands of years men were the breadwinners! N I'm sorry tho he lost his cool job he'll probably have another opportunity in the future if he's good at what he does so I wouldn't worry too much as long as you both are working you'll get by! Also just pray to God you know that always helps. I understand about the hard times tho, I have no job right now I only go to school, n my boyfriend is working on getting his papers to become a citizen so he can't get a job yet! At first I was rily stressed out about this b/c I felt lyk we wouldn't have enuf money to have everything she needs but I kno until we both can get jobs our families will help us with anything we need. I guess I'm rily luck in that way. All we need to get his papers though is the money, everything else went through but if we don't get the 1,200 dollars by his birthday in september he has to go back to mexico. I think we'll get it though, his mom is working on getting a job and my parents and his dad both said they're saving up money until then so we should hopefully have it!