Sent home from l&d

edited November 2011 in Labor
I thought my water broke so I was sent to l&d to be checked... water didnt break. I am alost 1 cm dialated. We were ready to go home but they noticed I was having constant regular contractions 1 to 2 mins apart. They kept us for 4 hrs but no cervical changes however I continued to have the same contractions which to me felt like menst crampa... they were suprised I wasnt screaming in pain. Im 37 +2 far.... they said come back when ur in excrutiating pain.... kinda dissapointed but I have been having same contractions all day now but they havwnt become any more painful. I hope this isnt what Im going to feel like for days possibly weeks. Anyone else experience the same?

Comments

• When I was 38 wks I went in for constant contractions. They confirmed they were often and strong, but I was still high and closed. They kept me over night and gave me meds to try and stop contractions. I was miserable all night. They wanted to send me home that morning but I was terrified Id be in pain for days. I was going to have a planned c section, and the dr said he'd deliver anytime after 38 wks. So, we told him to go ahead and take her.

I feel for you. Was glad I didn't have to go through all that. Good luck to you.
  • Im having contractions right now and they are 5 mins apart. They hurt so bad I dont want to go to the hospital because I know they are going to send me home and im only 1cms and im 39 weeks..
  • Omg same thing happened too me I was sooo upset they sent me home they said only come bak if ur water breaks oo if your in sooo much pain to thee point where u can't walk...I'm like wthh ughh I got mad this all happened on Sunday..
  • Did your contractions continue? Im still having them constantly but I guess they hurt but I can handle it. I just dont know when its the real thing because I dont want to be sent home again...