Hubby just joined the army!!!!

edited November 2011 in Military moms
So his ship out date to training camp is may 15 and honestly im just sad. I didnt want to have to move away from my family to a different state & I dont want Nyla growing up without her grandparents, aunties, uncle & cousins :'( any words or advice from any military mommies. How was ur experience like or hows life being a military wife???

Comments

• Not a military wife ..... But good luck with everything .... Everything will be ok :-)
  • Aww I'm so sorry I don't know what I'd do without my family. But Nyla will be very loved by you & hubby.
  • @blessed1508 awe thanks ma :)

@juliansmommy I guess it will b okay after I get settled in but right now the thought of moving away scares the shyt out of me lol. Ur right, she will still have mommie & daddy but I kno it will b harder when my husband leaves for months at a time n it will only b me n nyla in a new state :( & I dont kno how to drive. But thanks mama
  • It's not easy lol that's all I'm really going to say about it! It is a very honorable/respectable job and I am so very proud of him but the military life is very difficult. I wish you the best of luck :X
  • Aww I'm not a military wife but I couldn't imagine living away from my fam either. If my bf would join I would want him to join the air guard liked my sisters husband because they live here in hawaii and hes never gone lol. But ur right baby will have u and u can still visit fam for holidays n stuff.

Btw I can't drive either (kinda have a phobia) lol ur not alone
  • The military life is what you make of it. If you go in with a negative attitude, you will hate it. Just try to stay optimistic and I'm sure you will find plenty of things to love about it. :) Good luck & welcome to the silent ranks!
  • my hisband was in it for a year before I got married with him and moved with him and at first it was fine for like 2 weeks then I got very depressed cause I missed my family and didnt have anything to do. But its been over a year and I love it! I love my family but I love that they cant call and say hey can you come help with this and that. But also my husband is in the airforce and his job doesnt deploy hardly.

Just stay busy. If you dont agree with something another military wife does or doesnt do. Bite your tounge(sp). And dont forget hes working very hard to provide for you and your baby. Its not easy but its something you will get used to and maybe learn to like or love. And if he deploys you can always go home for a month or two!
  • @stbmilitarybrat awe thank u, im proud that he wants to serve our country but thats what im afraid of the difficult part.

@myheartzx3 now ima look foward to holidays lol air guard, what do they do? Lol im scared to drive. Im gona try and learn how to just bc I have a baby now & hubby wont b around :(

@misskristin ill try and go in with a good positive attitude but this is a big change me but thank u
  • Be ready for being alone more then your used to, and just remember he'd much rather be with you guys and around family! Its not easy, but you her used to it. My husband is almost done with his last and final deployment! I never thought I'd be sad about him getting out but its all we have known for 5yrs so its a big change...

Two things to get you through anything with the military...

1. NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS!!!!
    2. HURRY UP AND WAIT!
  • edited November 2011
    LOL girl i been trying to learn for years. i mean i can drive when i "practice" but i feel so nervous and i just don't like it. i renewed my permit like 5 times. after baby comes i will try again...i bet everyone is getting tired of driving me around.

idk air national guard?...i guess its like reserves? he has a job here on one of the bases and he leaves maybe once a couple years if he volunteers for like 2 weeks at the most. their so lucky the get all the benefits and he gets to stay here. she brings me shopping on base lol

life will be better for u and the fam in the long run :)
  • @proudmommy8789 awe thats some good advice u just gave me. My husband told me the samething about biting my tounge with the wives... I hope I end up liking it like u :) I do look foward to flying home if he leaves for a long period of time :)
  • @navybabyonway thank u :) ur words really cheered me up. Five yrs is a long time, im glad he gets to b home with u and the kids soon.

@myheartzx3 girl everyone is tired of me askin for rides lol I got my permitt like 4 times. Mines just recently expired again.
  • Im trying to write back but its so hard my daughter is being so cranky tonite :(
  • We aren't army, but if you need anything or have anymore questions ill do my best to answer. There is a forum for military spouses and significants if you want the website there is TONS of helpful mostly ladies from different branches, active duty and reserves.
  • @navybabyonway r u on that forum?? Yes I would love to check it out and thank u again :) ill be sure to tag u if I have any ?s
  • Marine wife here... I am not a typical military wife however I have experienced deployments and having a baby with hubby being gone. You will become a stronger everything trust. If you ever need to talk hit me up. I have yet to be too far from family but will be soon.
  • Yeah I'm on it they talk about everything not just military stuff but just about anything. Its militarysos.com
  • My hubby is out now but I am a prior military wife :) I didn't have many problems. I don't mind being alone..as for moving to new places..the military is a very small world believe it or not and it is incredibly easy to make friends..and you may run into those friends later even if you get orders to other bases!
    @navybabyonway is completely correct about the hurry up and wait! Haha, but I was a military brat so I wasn't surprised or irritated by it. Of course my husband says I'm one of those annoyingly patient people :P
  • @qweennique thank u girl, ill b sure to hit u up if I wana chat. Hubby had tried to join the marines at first but now they dont accept ppl with tats on their wrist :(

@navybabyonway thank u so much, ive been very helpful :)

@out_sphinx @navybabyonway wat does hurry up & wait means lol ? @out_sphinx I wouldnt mind being alone without hubby if I were to b closer to family especially with a newborn & im sad that when she turns one I wouldnt b able to celebrate with family n friends :'( but thank u im sure ill make friends on base
  • It's hard, but rewarding. I respect and admire what my husband does. It can get stressful being alone. My husband is deployed right now, we have a 3 yr old and I just had a baby 2 weeks ago. Your daughter will be loved no matter where yall end up! Keep your head up.
  • @sands3 thanks for ur response, he missed the birth of ur son? I knoe it will get better in due time. Hubby is really excited :)
  • @sands3 :( aweee when is he coming home to see u guys? I hope u guys get to skype.
  • He should be home in February. He's on a ship so he only gets to Skype at ports. He had just left port when Jack was born, but hopefully they will stop again soon.
  • Basically it means you have to rush rush rush just for the military to take their time.
  • @sands3 oh okay, well at least u guys got to talk for bit about baby jack I hope :)

@navybabyonway I get it & it is so true lol ughhh
  • Mines just expired too! And this is the first time in a long time I didn't renew it...so ima have to take the test again ugh!
  • Lol @myheartzx3 girl im so sick of takin the stupid test n their tricky ass ?s.
  • Ohh I only had to take the test the first time and every year I just renew it. Tho this time I didn't renew it in time so ima have to take it again. Do u have to take the test every time?
  • @MrsThompson34 the Marine Corps is changing a lot and they are trying to get rid of folks as well. But all service men and women are highly appreciated. That sucks that was the only thing that got in the way my husband had to cover one of his because. They said it was gang affiliated it was just the theatre faces. But I'm here if ya need me. Its gonna be new to him as well so just support one another.