preterm labor mamas *update X 2*

I am 32 weeks & I am fairly positive I am having contractions and I'm 100% cramping & having back pain. My doctor has stressed to me many times about being cautious of preterm labor (I'm high risk) so I will be drinking water & taking a warm shower, then laying down for a bit, BUT my question is...for those of you who experienced preterm contractions, did you notice if the baby moved more or less? Baby seems to be resisting as the contraction ends. They are lasting about 1 to 1 & 1/2 mins and as the tightening winds down, the baby seems to roll or push down against my pelvis. If the discomfort doesn't let up in an hour, I'll be off to L&D which thankfully is less than a mile from our hotel...this isn't really how I wanted to end my vacation.

Comments

• Exactly what Addisin did...contractions and then she moved alot settled down and then contractions and move again.
  • hmm, idk i think they move less during contractions, but here's a bump to get ahead of the spam that has invaded the top posts!
  • @ohhowwonderful That would have been my assumption as was the case with my son, however, he was 41+1 with less room to move and had dropped down into my pelvic bone. This bean is still up higher. The only other thing I've noticed over the last few days is that my hips are increasingly sore and my legs/feet have been horribly swollen.

@babynewyear2012 Thanks for replying hun, I appreciate it!
  • As my contractions have been getting stronger I notice my baby girl moves like crazy on between them. I've already had labor stopped once at 32 weeks and I'm 36 now ...
  • *update* Well we made it back home, but I'm still noticing contractions and a lot more cramping, plus my hips feel like someone tried rip them off. Baby is pushing down...so we are going to l&d in a few to get checked out.
  • Hope all is well
  • @eeyore Thanks!

*update*
    I have a bacterial infection that is causing the cramping. They didn't see anything concerning on the monitor, so hopefully I'll be 100% after a week of antibiotics. Thanks again for replying ladies!
  • Glad everything turned out okay, feel better soon hun!
  • @misskristin the er once gave me med.for an infection and doc told me they were the wrong type to clear my infection so on monday call doc and make sure they think it's the right meds
  • But glad it wasn't preterm labor
  • @eeyore I hope L&D gave me the right med...it's a military hospital so they all work together. My doctors office is literally 2 floors down from L&D.
  • That's good
  • I'm glad everything turned out okay and you weren't in preterm labor!!!! Hope those med's work fast and you are back in great health! If you don'd mind me asking, why are you high risk?
  • Bacterial Infection led to the infection that made Addison come early. What are you on for it momma?
  • @usafwife_21 It started with surviving a brain aneurysm when I was 15, but now I also have a shortened cervix because of a cold knife conization I had.

@babynewyear2012 They put me on metronidazole.
  • @babynewyear2012 They also checked me and said I am still closed and not shortening, but I feel that my cervix is starting to move because it didn't seem up as high. My cervix is usually painfully impossible to reach and even though it was still uncomfortable, it wasn't as painful as it was a few weeks ago. I'm glad we decided to go get checked because I had no idea I had an infection.
  • @misskristin how much longer do you have? Please take all of the medicine, that can be a very bad I.fection if not treated but you are on the right medicine
  • @babynewyear2010 2 pills, twice a day, for 7 days. Today was day 1, 6 days to go.