ladies, need help. (epo)

edited December 2011 in Labor
How did you ladies get labor to progress? I need help. Im walking and let me tell you, it hurts like hell. I want it to start doing more. I want active labor. Lol. On Wednesday i was 3cm, 60-70% effaced. My cervix is soft and baby is head down and low. Lets get this show on the road.

Comments

• Good luck to you Momma I have tried EVERYTHING!!! Castor oil, walking, sex, bouncing on the ball, all the teas, cookies, more walking, squats and well i have been having contractions and false labor for a month. If she doesn't come this weekend then induced on Monday morning. I'm also 2 really soft and 40% effaced
  • Try eating something really spicy! The night I went in to labor I had really spicy food.
  • I just made a fresh pineapple smoothie and put one teaspoon of castor oil in it and now I'm having contractions two minutes apart. I have a feeling these contractions will stop before its time to head to the hospital like all my other ones do :-/ I am two days overdue and ready for my lil man but he has until 1am to beat his sister's time haha. I think my kids just love my uterus or something!
  • :( wrong smiley lol
  • Ive been having contractions. They got pretty close. But they have slowed. :( i want them to stay close. I wish there was a way to get my water to break. Lol. I keep getting a feeling like it might but im sure im just losing my mind. Lol.
  • I have gotten very irritated with the last few hours. Ive been very very uncomfortable. I have pressure. I have a headache. And just want this over. I have also had gas the last couple days sorry about tmi.
  • I'm 38 weeks and starting Primrose oil tonight. I'm 2cm, but no contractions worth talking about. :( Anybody else try the oil????
  • @ceegsmommy75 i have not tried it. But i am already 3cm & 60-70% effaced. Not sure what more it would do. Lol. @kristaf22 ya, it only made you go didn't it? When you tried epo were you effaced or dialated any?
  • U can do nipple stimulation too
  • @momof22be i don't do that much cuz they have been so sensitive. And it bugs me when hubby messes with them. Lol.
    @kristaf22 did you take them orally and put them up there? Or what did you do? I wonder if it would actually help push me into labor. Lol. Beings that im already more then half way effaced.
  • I am looking for your experiences. How did epo work for you? Im getting desperate for relief. Lol. I wanna see my baby. Lol.
  • edited December 2011
    I started epo at 35wks took 2 a day orally, at 36wks I upped it to 3 and now at 37wks I'm taking 4 a day.

I went to the Dr yesterday and was 50%effaced and 1.5cm dilated.

Idk if its because its my 2nd child or the epo but with my 1st child I was a week over due and still 0% & 0 dilated lol
  • Im assuming you were either nothing before taking it or you don't know. Correct? Lol. @pnsw524
  • Well as of yesterday I'm at 1cm and 50% I wonder what the castrol oil will do for me? Cause her head is down but still kind of high. @kristaf22 what did it do for you? Cause I've already been taking the epo
  • @jules ya, I've even had a glimpse of thought to try that. But im terrified of it. Lol. I just wish i could get my water to break. Im so sick of contractions. Lol.
  • It's scary I feel like it just makes everyone go to the bathroom like crazy I need something cause this baby likes it in there and if she goes a week over and they r ok to induce at that point which I don't know if they are than it will be christmas eve and I so don't want that. I really want to get this going.
  • Ya I don't think I wanna do that.....someone else I remember doing herb of grace you just boil water and drink it I might try that I don't know of anyone who else tried it and if it does anything. @kristaf22
  • I was nothing!
  • Ya, i don't think i would like that. Lol. I just want this over.