appointments this week?

edited December 2011 in December 2011
Hows everyone doing? I am looking forward to everyones birth stories. I can't wait to post my own story. I hope everyone has changes this week. I go on Thursday for my appointment and i cant wait to see how much change there is. Im contemplating trying epo. I want this show on the road. Lol. I am so tired of being so miserable. And im tired of being so paranoid on when its going to happen.

Comments

• How was the appt? I totally understand being done lol I am to! At my appt on Tuesday I was 1.5cm 50% effaced. I've been taking epo and I think that has had something to do with it! With my 1st I was a week over due and still high & closed! I'm being induced on the 16th so I know its only a week until I'm done!! How far along are you?
  • My appt was Monday and I'm still 90% effaced and 1cm :( I was that way a week now but I was losing my mucus plug all night hopefully that will jumpstart labor :)
  • Appointment was good and disappointing. Lol. I found out that i haven't made much change. Im a little more than 3cm and 70% effaced. The dr said if i make it to my next appointment then he would strip membranes. So Monday i go back.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Lol u haven't tried it yet? I thought u would have by now(from reading ur previous posts)

At my 36 appt I was 50% effaced n 1cm. A week later at 37 weeks I was still 50% effaced and 1 1/2-2cm. They keep telling me I'm really soft n ripe n I'm not sure what that means. He said I probably won't make it to my due date...I'm hoping to give birth one week early at least lol but with my past experiences I probably will end up over due or giving birth right around my due date.
  • I read "soft" or "ripe" cervix or "thin" means your cervix is "thinning" or "softening" and preparing for birth.
  • @jessannengland hmm I wonder how long it ripens or softens before labor starts? Lol i asked my doc if I was going into labor soon and he said "if I could answer that I would be in vegas right now"
  • Good question! I didnt think about that. Haha yeah, must be pretty vague then :/
  • I would assume, over the course of a few weeks, like once youve hit a certain week. I forgot to even ask my OB if mine had softened lol. Getting info out of her is like pulling teeth :( She give me half the info I need. Said I was effaced but didnt tell me a percentage ? Rediculous.
  • I took 3 epo orally last night and put 1 in. Im not sure if i got it up high enough. Its really tight (tmi sorry) and i couldn't feel it anymore. So i don't know if i did it right. Lol.