My Baby Shower was....

edited December 2011 in Baby showers
GREAT!!! I am a bit late but better late then never...I had over 100 guests at the lounge my father and I are in the midst of opening so no restrictions applied. Myself and my boyfriends family is Jamaican so baby showers always turn into parties...Food was great, music was great, everyone one that we didn't even know would know one another did and my gifts were plentiful. I dont know what the heck buybuybaby and babies r us problem is with registrations not updating but once a day so a lot of returns had to be made (bc everyone went and bought their gifts probably the day of). I got (2) car seats, (3) high chairs, (3) playpens, (3) swings, (3) mamaroo's, (2) mattresses and one of my bf friends bought me the higher version to the breast pump I asked for (my favorite gift for some reason). My goodness, I am really happy and excited for the turn out and love we received from all our friends and family. After the gift opening my BF requested the dj to play Beyonce's, "Young but Ready" and the party started from there until 2:30am. So this weekend I have to wash all the newborn-six month clothes and return the rest of the gifts that keep coming in the mail everyday. I went to BBB & BRU yesterday before I realized I got more doubles from UPS and between the two stores without all returns we have over $2000 in store credit and $425 in gift cards to get anything we didn't get on the registry. I think I am going to wait bc next Friday is my last day and my job has been planning me a surprise baby shower but I am afraid timing is winding down on my running around. Sorry for my rant but my cup runneth over. Later ladies...

Comments

• Thanks, I am really like "where to start?"
  • Your fam is Jamaican? Are you mixed, you dont look it. I know what you, mean about get togethers turning into parties...lol I think most ppl from the Caribbean does that. :) Thats awesome how your shower turned out. Just be careful with BRU. If you have to return certain things without a gift receipt, there is a limit on the amount you can return. It looks like you will be very busy until baby comes...lol CONGRATS
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @BabyBubba123111 Funny enough we have the same due date and yeah Jamaicans come in all shapes and sizes. My uncle looks straight asian but he is Jamaican, we have spanish Jamaican and a whole slew of other nationalities under our one little island. My mom is actually dark skinned and my dad looks spanish and his dad, my grandfather in our hardware store always gets referred to as the Jewish owner. That's one thing I love about the islands we have so much history without the box check of ethnicity. Its your Jamaican or your "born a foreign."

@ TricesBaby sorry hun didnt know you woulda got down like that! LOL
  • Aww thTs great news
  • edited December 2011
    @nelsbrandon My whole fam is Jamaican. I was born here though. Im just saying you didnt look like the typical Jamaican (black) (or atleast what some nationalities may perceive them to, look) I assumed you are mixed, which you are...lol Both of my kids fathers are Jamiacan also. Im glad the outcome of your shower was good. Im a, little jealous...lol
  • Wow lucky girl! I'm jealous too lol. Glad it went so well, u got everything u need plus more and u had fun :X
  • Thanks ladies, we had a good ole time. Just got a bed set off my registry in store for half the price bc its an online only item and the store comp got the price wrong. Did I not shut up and pay? The price was half and it was never opened, jackpot