membrane strip today. ;) *final update, for this post

edited December 2011 in December 2011
Ok ladies its barely after 11am and my dr appointment is at 1:30pm. The dr told me last week that he would do a membrane strip at my next appointment (today). I am really exc and holding out hope that it will put me in labor. Im really hoping my water will rupture, like it did with my 1st. :)
As of this past Saturday i was still 3cm, 70% effaced and she's -1 station. The nurse also said she's on my hip bones. (i know most of you know all this lol.) Just kinda refreshing. Lol. ;)
I took 3 epo last night and had sex this morning. (Hoping for progress lol.) I sat on my exercise ball for 20-30 min rolling my hips and bouncing a little. Thank goodness it didn't pop. Lol. ;) and i took a nice warm bath this morning. Now im on my way to go walk the mall by my dr office/hospital. ;) all i can say is come on contractions, come on progress. Lol. I will update after my appointment. As well as throughout the day (if anything happens). Wish me luck ladies. Hoping baby Kirsten will make her appearance today. :)
Oh, and i have been having uncomfortable contractions all morning. Sorry so long.

Comments

• yay! good luck! hopefully it works like the first time :D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Update 1. Dr said im at 3 1/2cm. Didn't say about anything else. He did the strip. Didn't hurt as bad as i thought it would. Lol. But i feel bruised down there. And feel pressure. I feel a little crampy here and there but nothing major yet. We are going to go walking now. I will update again if anything happens. :)
  • Update 2 contractions are painful, not just uncomfortable. Lol. Im camping a lot. And my back hurts. I also have pressure down there. Hopefully this continues.
  • :D are the contractions worse then they were before
  • Keep up some activity. Have some more sex. Walk. Walk. Walk.
  • Yes, they are more intense then they have been. Ive been trying to keep active but its not been easy. Im going to go see Christmas lights soon.
  • Any progress? You should be in L&D soon
  • @babybubba123111 im sure trying. The majority of the walk wasn't bad but getting back to my car almost killed me. Lol.
  • Ok. The walk only really hurt towards the end. I don't think day one of membrane strip worked. Probably cuz i wasn't able to keep extra active.
  • I guess today isn't the day. Tomorrow i will be trying some more. Walking more, hopefully. My baby girl needs to come out. I wish my water would break so i didn't have to wonder anymore. I know we all wish the same. Im just so miserable. I guess i will keep you all updated. Good night.
  • Keep staying active because the day before my water broke I was bouncing on my ball for 45 min I went grocery shopping I went to my dance class which was an hour and 45 minutes long and I took a hot bath so all that made me have contractions throughout the night and the next day I was up and got ready for the day than goes my water I continued moving around until I couldn't anymore st the hospital which I think is good reason it was such an easy delivery... Here is some labor dust I hope u make more progress :)
  • @jules thank you. I need it. Lol. Ive been trying to stay active. Lol. I have been on my ball a few times today. I went to the mall and walked some. And went to store for a min. I went to look at Christmas lights and that was pretty painful towards the end. Now im getting ready for bed. I guess i will try again tomorrow. :(
  • Dont give up because as soon as you relax thats when she will come.my contractions started while I was sleep.
  • I had my son 3 days after my strip. The day I chose to give up my water broke. But for those 3 days I did squats like a mad women walked stairs cleaned etc. My Dr said lots of sex after a sweep. I didn't get too do that so Idk if it works. Gl girl I came on here to check on you!
  • @angel26 sounds like your doing good :)
  • Hang in there mama! She will come when she's ready lol
  • Its 3am and i woke up to try the sex thing. Lol. Sex is so uncomfortable, i don't like doing it lol. Which isn't normal for me lol. After the sex i had a couple couple contractions. I also put 3 epo inside. ( the best i could lol. Hubby didn't wanna help with that part. Ugh. Men. Anyways. I made him give me a little back massage cuz my back and hips are killing me. It helped for a min cuz he only did it for a couple min. As soon as we get up in the morning (officially lol) we will get kids ready and go to the store. My boys and hubby are getting a hair cut in late morning so im going to try walking while they do. As long as my in laws will help watch them so i can. Lol. I might try using my ball again. But not sure if it will happen. Cuz so far my plans aren't really going how i want. Anyways. Im going to hope that all this work pays off. Lol.
    @samantha really? I really hope it doesn't take that long. Lol. When i had it done with my 1st my water broke (started leaking) that day.
    @myheartzx3 i know, im trying not to loose hope. Cuz i know she will come. I just hope something is going on. And that i can get these contraction close and regular. They have been getting pretty intense. I just hope they're doing something.
    @jules it sounds like you were very busy lol. I hope what im doing is helping. Im glad you had such a smooth delivery. I hope things continue as smooth.
  • Thank u they r pretty well just need tip get her to feed on the left because she only does it on the right :(... But next time u do a massage have him do all the pressure points that really works.
  • I don't know anything about pressure points. :( i hope she starts eating on that side. I've never been good at bf. Sorry i can't help you there.
  • Hey ladies, my hope for today just got hire. Lol. I went pee a little bit ago and had a nickel size spot of blood on my liner. And then when i wiped there was a bunch more on tissue everytime. I have massive cramps right now. Fingers crossed. :)
  • Thanks I'm sure she will start eating on that side at some point. And just look it up on the internet there is only like 4 spots I think it will really help.
  • @jules ok thanks. I've had more blood and cramps.
    Im going to call my dr about the blood and see what they say. Im cramping and very sore. My back hurts.
  • Update.
    I have had tonz of bloody discharge. Ive had major cramps all day. My back has been hurting all day as well. I have contractions but i haven't timed them. I called my dr about it and they just said its normal. Well duh, im not stupid. Ugh. They said to rest for a couple hours. How frustrating. I want labor to come, not go away.
  • Start timing them for sure that way next time you can just go in when its time and they can't say anymore shit to you..
  • I had them 2-4 min apart so i came in. Im apparently still the same. And they spaced out. I am seriously going to cry. Why won't she come out. I can't handle the pain anymore. I need her out. But no, she has to continue hurting me. I don't know what to do. Nothing helps the pain and nothing is making me progress any farther.
    :'( :'( :'(
  • Shes just not ready hun.