I feel like a horrible mother

I love my baby more than anything but I'm so stressed and at a loss as to what to do I'm getting so frustrated with my lo and I know he can sense it. Feedings are getting more and more frustrating and it seems he is having a harder and harder time latching. I feel so lost. This isd my first day alone with him and i don't know if I can handle it I try talking to my family and friends but all they say is youre fine and just enjoy your baby and nothing else matters. Well I'm not enjoying my baby I can't stop thinking how I just want someone to come take him off my hands so I can take a shower and relax. But bd is at work from nine am til midnight. I feel so alone and helpless. I don't know what to do.i just want to cry.

Comments

• I know how you feel. Is there a friend or family member you can call for some back up? Maybe you can ask them to come over for a little bit.
  • is there a swing or bouncer that your lo likes? maybe put them in there and take a nap. or going out of the house always helped me cuz I can never just take a nap but getting out does help me. go to a friends or for a walk if it gets too overwhelming ask bd to take a day off work to just take care of baby & you can sleep and have a break. I have been there before :(
  • & YOUR NOT A HORRIBLE MOTHER:) everyone needs a break once in awhile. if you think about it your on guard 24/7 watching your baby even at night your motherly instincts have there guard up to listen to every noise or sound of distressits really difficult even when your away you worry!hang in there mama thefact that you care your being a bad mom means your a good mom
  • Thank you ladies. unfortunately my parents are out of town and all my friends are at work. I can't ask bd to take a day off because we are struggling to pay bills as it is. And he doesn't get paid if he isn't there. And I'm not getting paid while I'm off. I'm afraid to leave him in his swing when there is noone to watch him
  • I might be horrible but I leave my little one in the swing and go in the next room to put laundry away etc. I was like that at first too. If I am going to be out of the room for more then 5 mins. I get out the monitor. Also, I was feeling the same way about the shower until I had a doctor appointment and I had no choice but to take one. I put her in her seat and just came to terms that she might have to cry while I got ready. You know what, as soon as I turned on the shower the sound made her sleep. Then when I got out she started to fuss and I heard hairdriers worked to ease comic so I turned mine on even though I wasn't ready to use it and she went back to sleep. I left it on until I was done with my make up and she was fine. Even if not she would of had to cry. I had no choice I had to go to the doctor. Long story short, if you want to take a shower put your Lo in a seat and bring the baby in with the bathroom. If not use the crib or pack and play. Just feed the baby first and change the diaper. If the baby cries it won't hurt them. I try to never let the baby cry but if you know they are fed and changed and it is just for a quick shower they will be okay. Don't beat yourself up. It is hard and I think everyone feels that way sometimes.
  • My swing is too big to fit in the bathroom. I leave him in the swing when I do laundry and such but I an afraid if I cant hear him something might happen and my monitor won't work in his swing because it has a motion sensor mat. I just wish I knew who to ask for help. I levy him at bds mom house yesterday and when we got home he was super fussy and kept spitting up so I don't trust her. I don't know if she did something to cause it.
  • There's nothing wrong with putting the swing outside the bathroom door so you can shower or take a nice bath. I've been doing it since day one. Hell, sometimes if she's dead asleep somewhere else (but safe) I will leave her to take a shower. Trust me, the sooner you let go of that "Omg what's gonna happen!" Anxiety, the better it will be. He will be fine :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.