Any advice for a good pregnancy and birth?

edited December 2011 in Second Trimester
So i'm in my 13th week and I'm a little nervous. Ever since i've been taking my prenatal vitamins the baby hasnt been that active. Is it just to soon to tell. Also what advice do you have for me about having a healthy pregnancy and a healthy birth?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • What @ArmahnisMommy said plus
    I say research, learn as much as you can about your body and what it goes through durring labor and delivery. It helps calm fear, I'm also a supporter of taking classes.
    I took Bradley but also had a completely unmedicated natural labor.
    But at the least read/take the classes hospitals offer so you know what to expect when you go in.
  • I felt my baby kicking around 10 -12 weeks. Well flutters. She started kicking a lot arounf 4.5months.
    As far as a healthy pregnancy, just eat right, walk daily, and stay off drugs and alcohol.
    I had the perfect pregnancy, and was pretty healthy, but lost my baby at 8.5 months(her heart stopped beating at 33w5d) With no cause of death. Not trying to scare you. But it does happen.
    Just do the best you can to stay healthy and take care of yourself. Try not to stress(that's a big one) and pray for the best <3
  • As far as delivery goes, breathe, take lamaze classes, and focus on staying calm and on your steady breathing as much as possible. It helps A LOT!
  • Unmedicated labor isnt that more painful? @ArmahanisMommy yeah I figured that I just wasnt sure. Naturally I dont drink or smoke so thats a good start. Is there ways of controling the size of your baby or no? May sound silly I know :)
  • @MomOfAnAngel sorry to hear that this is my first pregancy so i'm a little nervous on what should be expected .
  • The baby will get more active in the weeks to come get alot of sleep pace urself when getting ur home ready for your baby so u wont b super stressed out at the end stay active & around a good support system
  • Bradley classes or hynobirthing classes if you're wanting natural. Hire a souls if you're hospital birthing, they will be your biggest advocate :)
  • Doula not souls lol
  • Yeah, that was my first pregnancy as well.

Just try to stay stress free as possible. Cause you can stress the baby out as well. Nothing you can really do to control size though lol
    I know if you have gestational diabetes it hightens your chanced to have a larger baby.
  • @TricesBaby good advice I never thought of that...thanks ladies!