Weight After Pregnancy

edited December 2011 in November 2011
I am 7 weeks PP & I've lost 15 lbs but still need to drop some more lbs. How are you mommies doing & anyone have any tips or advice to lose more pounds?

Comments

• I'm almost 7 weeks pp as well. I gained around 65 pounds, lost 30 right away. I've only lost 3 more since actually trying. I'm 173 right now and my goal is to at least get back down to 130. I got a long road ahead of me. And I have no tips LOL I'm going to try the insanity work out though. Just started on my elliptical machine this week. I had a c section so I had to wait a while to do anything
  • If u guys r struggling losing weight after pregnancy and ur constantly tired get ur thyroid checked!! Mine is totally outta whack pp! Sux cuz I'm bf and have been at this plateau for a few months with no insurance to get my thyroid fixed! So needless to say the pounds aren't coming off!!
  • I gained 45ish 25 came off right away, I've hit a wall at 200 can't seem to get under. My son's 3.5 months, and I breastfeed. I gained 25 after hurting my back, so pregnancy weight + that = 40 more to lose. And I just broke my foot so I'm out of commission for 6-8 weeks. Fun! But I'm gonna start light exercises after I'm off crutches and running when my foot can handle it.
  • @mommyof3JAC My thyroid is out of wack :-(
  • I seriously need to lose weight too. I gained 54lbs with my son and have only lost about 20lbs. I bf but idk I still look and feel gross.
  • I lost more then i gained i bf i am an ftm and i still don't look the way i want ='(
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • 8days pp & I've lost 15lbs. 30 more to go to be back at my start weight & 48lbs to my goal.

Tips: work out & count your calories! :)
  • I was 186lbs at my 2week pp check up. I lost 10pounds. I wanna get down to 130lbs
  • edited December 2011
    I gained 40 ive lost 32 pounds just bfing & I'm 6 weeks pp
  • I gained 30 and have lost 25. My daughter is 7 weeks old. I breast feed and I just started back at tan and tone doing the robotics machines. I want to lose at least 20 more lbs.
  • I lost 20 is so in the first 2 weeks... Im now 8 weeks pp and havent lost anything since those 2 weeks and im exclusively bf... *sigh* only 15 to go when I can be bothered, I want to do shakes but cant while bf :-(
  • @excitedforoctober really? Is it over or under active? I hate it cuz ur thyroid really plays an important role in balancing out hormones and metabolism!
  • I was 100lbs when I got pregnant. I was 148 when I delivered. 2wks pp and im down to 125 (lost 23). I was underweight before so ill be happy just losing a few more lbs and toning up
  • I'm seven weeks pp, and can't seem to lose the 8pounds to get to my pre pregnancy weight! :( also has asnt of the seven weeks pp had their first period yet?
  • Oh and I gained 25pounds.
  • U ladies can do it!!!! I think I've heard it takes a good year to lose it all...but idk if its true
  • I'm almost 8 weeks pp and down 20lbs. I've just been breastfeeding since I had a c section, but my Dr gave me the o.k. to start working out again! My hubby will be home in 1 month and I need to drop another 20lbs before that
  • My daughter is almost 5 mos... I had lost all the weight I gained from pregnancy at about 8 wks pp. .. but since I stopped bf I've gained more than half of it back if not more...DONT STOP BFING!!!! LOL
  • I am 7 weeks pp and only have 3 more pounds to go to be pre-preggo weight. All I did was bf too..starting to do some exercises tho
  • I was 98 pre pregnancy gained 21 or so and its been 10 weeks tomorrow and I'm 105 n happy and I didn't do much at all just normal stuff.
  • Sorry it took so long for any replies...I almost forgot I started this post. But from the sounds of it everyone is doing good. I forgot to tell you guys that before I was prego I weighed 134 and gained 33lbs. So I'm 148 right now. I'm trying to get back to 130 or 135 and I've started walking and stopped drinking soda and eating chocolate ( I believe I was addicted. Lol)

@adri805 I've been hearing that too. So I know I have to give it some time...I just want to feel comfortable again : l

@britt21 & @Rosiepie I wanted to BF but had to stop at two weeks because the baby wasn't gaining any weight. I think that's what helped me out with what I lost so far.

@Starlily I'm with you but I have 13lbs to lose. Lol But I haven't had a peroid yet and I'm not sure when I should expect it.

@tinka1326 What type of shakes would you drink?

@MyOfAnAngel That's my goal weight. Wish you the best of luck.

• I lost more weight than I gained during pregnancy. I was 6 lbs lighter when I delivered than before I got preggo. Now that I'm 6 weeks pp I'm down 45 lbs from my pre pregnancy weight with just exclusively bfing. I do think my hormones had to do with a lot of it though. Before I got preggo I gained a ton of weight bc my estrogen was so low and since pregnancy and bfing has leveled it out the weight is melting off. Now I just hope my estrogen does what its supposed to so I can keep it off.
  • They are called optislim. Its a meal replacement. Im in Australia so you might not have the same brand available but basically diet shakes are the minimum calories vitamins etc you need to be healthy and with light exercise you should lose weight
  • Im almost 9 month pp and I've lost 90lbs. I was 200lbs at delivery. All I do is chase kids(5) of them and Hubby. And clean house and what not. You all can do it. I breastfeed Leila as well.