I have bad food cravings but I dont want the baby getting to big, help?

edited December 2011 in Second Trimester
So as I said I have cravings and I always wanna eat but i'm affraid that the baby will get to fat. How do I change this habit?

Comments

• Eat healthy snacks through out the day! And honestly, don't stress about the weight gain. I had morning sickness pretty much all 40 weeks so I struggled to gain weight properly. It sucked.
  • ALL I wanted during my pregnancy was pizza and cake lol and I pretty much had pizza ATLEAST once a week everyweek and I had a 7lb baby so I don't think you have to change your diet much, eat away! =P~
  • Eating is good lol I ate a ton of ice cream all 3 pregnancies lol along with healthy snacks high in protein. I ate cheese yogurt lean meats. But I ate junk food too. I am 5'1" and my last baby was 7.2lbs so I wouldn't worry :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thanks ladies..
  • Eat whatever you want. The baby won't get fat.
  • @GirlsLoveInk87 My oldest daughter had the exact same stats as yours :-)
  • Sorry I've been mia for a long time. She was born @ 1:29pm.
  • Yeah i say dont worry about baby getting to fat, i belive that is more genetic than anything else. Ie i gained 60+ lbs and baby was only 7.7 :-)
  • I don't think it makes a difference...I mean obviously if your sugar test is high and you get gestational diabetes then you'd have to watch what you eat. Both My kids were under 7 1/2 lbs...and I ate normal, occasionally giving into cravings. Also, most the time cravings go away later in pregnancy and you can't decide what you want anymore...I skip eating sometimes bc I don't know what I want...or am too tired to cook. Lol! I work full time have two kids and my fiance works second shift so I get home, get the kids bathed, do a load of wash, and just want to plop on the couch, not eat...
  • @sehra4177
    @aishamusha

i agree with sehra4177, I had gestational diabetes and kept to the diet. I was also eating really healthy throughout my entire pregnancy because i didnt want to gain too much weight. I only gained about 25 pounds but my baby was still 8lbs, 15oz and i had to have a c-section. so, it seems you cannot actually control the size of the baby. just don't over do it- splurge a little! :)
  • I say if you aren't afraid of weight gain eat all you want...you will gain the weight not baby :)
  • U gain the weight not the baby I ate whatever I wanted and had a 7 15oz baby full term
  • I ate whatever I wanted both pregnancies, my diet outside my main meals was terrible, but I just HAD to have it lol
    Both my babies were 8lb 2oz I gained 25lb and lost that within 2 weeks of having my babies. My pregnancies were both very similar
  • Wow that's kinda big. :)
  • @ArmahanisMommy lol true ;;) but the big babies can have alot of health issues too . How big was your son at birth :/
  • @MichaelsMommy i didn't know that you could have a C-Section when the baby is 8 ibs 15oz.. wow and i know occasionally its good to splurge. :-D
  • @sehra4177 if i skipped a meal or even waited a good half of an hour of eating my stomach would start to hurt so so much, it's like my kid is already picky and the kid's not here yet lol.
  • 20weeks and 1day to be exact..
  • @AishaMusa ahh ok.. a lady at work yesterday told me you can't even tell I am pregnant and some people are like yes you can. I am 8 months 1 week.
  • Try eating healthy, and don't even worry about the baby's weight just like everyone say the baby won't gain much It's u that's gaining weight, so grub whatever Ur craving:)
  • edited February 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Reneerose0828 There's a history of diabetes in my family coming from my mothers side. Along with alot of other illnesses so i've been caution and a little worried about that and if it'll pass on to me. So I can see that would me a major stress for you even more while pregnant. Good to know everything worked out great for you.
  • @ArmahanisMommy Oh my gosh 9Pounds 20inches wow his eyes were open, alert and screaming right at birth? He's pretty advanced for his age. Have you been a Pregly memeber since your son was born? That would be a long time! :-D
  • Big babies do not typically have health issues