Low back/Hip pain after giving birth?

I gave birth a little over 10 weeks ago and there are days that my low back and hips KILL me. It just feels like I cannot get into a comfortable position to get rid of the pain. I usually feel it the worst when I get up from sleeping or everyday in the evening...is anyone who had their baby suffering from this as well? Is it normal? My mom says its from my epidural but I just feel like she wants to say it as in a "I told you so..." kinda way because she was against me getting an epi from the beginning.

Comments

• It could be from epi but it could also be your hips getting back to normal :)
  • edited December 2011
    My back hurts when i bend over to change Nylas diaper.
  • @Bahamamama4828 How long does it take to get back to normal? Or does the epi pain ever go away??

@MrsThompson34 Omg yes my back kills me if I bend over to change Zori's diaper so what I do now is just sit on the bed with him in front of me.
  • Lol thas exactly wat i do :) i probably didnt heal correctly From my c section. were u takin Care of zori on ur own after birth bc i was & i never had no rest since Nylas been born
  • @MrsThompson34 Yep taking care of him pretty much all by myself since the getgo :(
  • Thats probably y u have back pain. From u lifting Baby Zori, bending over, & im sure u were doing house WoRk??
  • @MrsThompson34 Yeah because Lord knows this little monkey is getting HEAVY! ...I'm also thinking that it might have something to do with the PP belt I was wearing. It was extremely extremley tight and I feel like it was putting too much pressure on my back/spine. It was so tight that if I ate anything I would be in so much pain, I guess bcuz the food could not go down or something lol
  • Lol y did u wrap it so tight
  • @MrsThompson34 Its not one of those adjustable ones, I only wore it a few times and then said "f@*k this s**t!"
  • Lol did u get it at motherhood
  • @MrsThompson34 No, I got it at this Columbian store especially for pp belts and body shapers,waste of money because I couldn't even use it :-<
  • Awe, maybe u can wear it wen u workout
  • If i bend over for too long i can tell you exactly where i had my epidural, its takes about 5 minutes for the pain to go away, but its getting old, i'm almost 10 weeks pp. i wanted to use a shaper, i think i'd be a whole lot skinnier now if i would have, sorry yours was too tight :/
  • Yes I'm having this problem it feels better when i sleep on my back but i didn't get an epi
  • @Kimberly4411 yep me too because there is this pressure pain like right smack in the middle of my lower back.

@M_STAR925 I hope it goes away soon! :( I get a little relief when I lay down too but laying down also brings on the pain sometimes too.
  • Girl I'm havinq back aches as well but usually on my upper back &&its stronqer like on my riqht shoulder blade &&neck.. it hurts more &&qets so uncomfortable when I lay down to qo to sleep. Now I have to lay there tryinq to find a position where its less painful &&takes me a while to finally fall asleep. &&idk if its from the epi also but I ended up with a csection anyways &&I think I qot a spinal also I'm not sure lol. Have yu tried any pain medications to see if it helps?
  • Oh &&I'll be 12 weeks pp on Thursday ;)
  • edited December 2011
    My lower back hurts really bad especially when I'm out in the cold. It's a sharp shooting pain its horrible. I def think my pain is from the epi & the spinal. I have my hubby rub icy hot when its really bad but that's just temporary relief. I told my sis that I need a dam handicap plate now.lol
  • @juliansmommy lol to u needing a handicap plate.
  • edited December 2011
    @mrsthompson34-lol...hey girl...omg I am so glad Xmas is over with...last week was crazy...now I can breathe:) I missed chatting w u guys:)
  • @JuliansMommy yeah thats how mine is too, a sharp shooting pain, I feel like an old lady now! :(

@lentoswifey I still have the Norco and Ibuprofen pain killers the hospital gave me and not even that helps! Does anything work for you?

The reason I think it might be the epi is because one of my coworkers scared me before I gave birth, I work for a physical therapy company and she was telling me that one of her patients from a long time ago needed physical therapy because she could not walk due to her epi being kept in for too long, so she had to be taught to walk again...so I know it can do some major damage to the spine.
  • @juliansmommy we missed u too... We figured u forgot about us bc u met up with ur bff From pregly that u didnt need us no more :'( isnt that right @excitedforoctober lol

Morning ladies :) Morning Babies :)
  • If it were caused by the epidural, the pain wouldn't necessarily be in your lower back and it certainly wouldn't be in your hips either. If it were from the epidural it would be a localized pain and it would be closer to the middle back but slightly lower. I'm sure its from your body trying to put itself back together. If you were petite before you had children then your hips are trying to come.back together because they had to open up more to accommodate the baby. Did you have your 6 week pelvic exam along with a pap smear?
  • @mrsthompson34 & @excitedforoctober
    Lmfao!!!!!!!!! Awww never that, u guys are my pregly besties. I love Xmas but I hate it too and now with a baby its so hard. I ended up dng most of my Xmas shopping on Fri so I was wrapping gifts until late. It was just too much for me hopefully next year will b better. Julian & I missed our home this weekend...lol
  • @MedStudent1986 Sometimes I do get that localized pain in the middle but it makes sense that my body is trying to putitself back together because now that I think about it, early in my pregnancy I used to have the same pain, I guess when my hips were widening. I did have my pap smear, everything came back normal...thanks for the explanation! :)

@JuliansMommy Ok we forgive you! >:D< ...I love X-mas too but this year did not seem like Christmas to me for some reason. I hope next year is better too!
  • @juliansmommy since @excitedforoctober forgives u i guess i will too haha. My xmas was great. i hope xmas will b better for u guys next yr ;)
  • You're very welcome :)