Hi My name Is

edited December 2011 in Daddy's place
I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Dewey. I'm from Springberry, Alabama. I've lived quite an exciting life. I have one brother, Nate. He passed away when we were kids in a machete accident. This left to a quite tumultuous relationship with my father since Nate was his favorite. I suffer from Anosmia, loss of sense of smell, which started when my brother passed away. I've been smell blind ever since. I have a real passion for music. I met my first wife, Edith, when I was 17 and she was 12. We married soon after and had our first child. We had a rocky start due to my career choices but things smoothed out eventually. Unfortunately my drug use put a strain on Edith and I's relationship. I married my second wife Darlene shortly after breaking up with Edith. I had no idea I was supposed to file for divorce first but it's ok because I love Darlene. Our relationship is short lived but I would do anything to get her back so I go to rehab and eventually win her over again. We move to California to start our life over afresh. We take a trip to India where, I will admit, I had a minor set back with drugs. This causes my life to go in a downward spiral and Darlene then leaves me once again. I got to rehab but this time not even that is enough to get her back. I soon get my own variety show on CBS but my stint in rehab and jail cause me to have song block. One night I have the most vivid dream. My brother Nate appears to give me a message: "Tell Pa you love him". I decide to do just that but this cause and argument between Pa and I. And ends in a freak accident. He cut himself in half with a machete! But I'm thankful that shortly before his death he forgives me. After my father's untimely death I decided to focus less on my music and more on my children. Darlene and I finally get back together in 1992 causing me to regain my sense of smell. I've led an exciting life but I can sum it up into 2 words:
WALK HARD

Comments