3 days till my c section

edited December 2011 in December 2011
Hi guys only 3 more days till we get to meet our second child. Donovan Ray. Im nervous but it should go by fast my first c section took only an hour from start to finish. I just hate recovery my one yr old daughter isn't going to understand y I can't pick her up. Eeek any advice c section mommies

Comments

• I recommend a tummy support. It helped me heal quicker and go back to normal activities a lot sooner. Also walk walk walk lol. It seemed the less I sat around the less pain! My older sons liked walking around the house talking to me and it gave them some personal time with mommy.
  • Well with my daughter I had a c section n they wanted me to walk but I felt like I was gunna rip open n die right there . I was nervous. I got a belly band thingy for post partum so I hope it works thank u
  • Keep gauze on it & take some quality time with ur one year old in the bed reading a story ot playing a game
  • I agree with @mommyof4boys the sooner you get up and walk the less stiff you will feel and the faster you will heal. Don't compare this csection to your last...I have had 4 and each one was a bit different. Let your 1 year old climb onto(if able) or be placed on your lap while sitting down. And definitely use the belly band. I used one with this c-section and it made everything easier.
  • With my last one i felt ready to jump up outta bed as soon as i was outta recovery but the nurses made me stay in bed for 6hrs.