pohlih

edited June 2012 in December 2011
j

Comments

• All three of mine was fine I say go for it that way if u want the epideral u can get it early an won't have to go thru any pain .
  • @Mrz_Jackson2anpreggo how much were u dilated and how long did they take?
  • I was induced at 40wks 5days ,my cervix was closed , baby never droppd n I wasnt dilated at all , I start my induction at 10:30pm I started labor around 12 something n I gave birth at 5:55am so 6 hours labor for being my first baby wasnt that bad , the pain was horrible but this was my first one so idk what a regular contractions feel like
  • But I say go for it,
  • I was 2 wit my son he took 8 hours an was 3 wit my second she took 5 hours an I was 3/4 wit my last an she took 6 1/2 hours cuz they didnt break my water early but after they broke my water she was out on 30 mins .
  • Yea wit the pitocin after they break ur water the pain is horrible
  • First baby the pain was bad, and labor 5 hours. 2nd the pain wasn't too bad, and labor was 3 hours. 3rd the pain wasn't too bad, and labor was a little over 3 hours. 4th the pain wasn't bad at all, I felt three contractions and she was out lol, labor was about 4 1/2 hours. I had pitocin with all four, idk why I did with my second cause I went in l&d in labor and at 5cm. Maybe to speed it up, idk? Lol...if I don't go into labor with this one before 38 weeks I have to be induced as well. Doesn't bother me...
  • Awe, u kno what happened to me. I cried & cried when the induction didnt work & had to get a c section. I can never have a natural birth again. I pray she decides to come out soon for u BC getting hooked up to the iv n pitocin is no joke & I had magnesium sulfate I was fucked up & after 23 hrs nothing happen ughhh.
  • I'm all for an induction because mine went awesome. But I wish I would have waited cause I feel like I missed out on not having a regular experience! With my daughter I wasn't induced and I loved having that "is it time to go" talk with my hubby! And calling everyone telling them it's time! With an induction it kinda takes all of the fun guessing part away cause you already know.
  • @vanessa_mom2b ohh not bad for being closed and first time mommy... :)

@kristaf22 sounds good because with my older two i asked for the epidural the second i got to the hospital! i would love to have it before hand and feel nothing lol

@Mrz_Jackson2anpreggo i am hoping to be as lucky as u if i do...just hearing people labor for over 24 hours is what scares me...

@CristinaLynn wow thats weird they gave u pitocin when u were already dilating lol ugh decisions decisions....

@MrsThompson34 ahh i know girl thats why i am scared. i am scared that she isn't ready and it will take long. u can always try for vbac right tho? my bf is no help too. i'm asking him what i should do and hes like "well don't ask me ur the one whos gonna be pregnant for a year" i'm like geez its not a year i just in my tenth month. he wants me to be induced on the first LOL and they scheduled me for the 2nd so i think hes all salty.
  • @BigBelly yeah i know what u mean! with my first two it just happened and i loved it because they came when they wanted to...i feel like i am cheating if i pick a date for her to come out. i want her to pick her own birth date LOL
  • Lmao to wat ur bf said haha preggo for a whole yr. Tell him to stop it lol. Nigel wanted Nyla out so bad that I asked to b induce but ive always wanted everything natural. I wanted my water to break n have to rush to the hospital n get excited about seeing my baby. No my doc said no vbac only c section. I never told no one but he even said next time it could b worse me or baby might not make it :'( I had lots of problems after nyla was out thats y I was in the hospital for 7 days it was horrible. So if I can do natural birth thats what I would do BC I dont wana put my body thru that pain ever again.
  • My son was induced! It was great, it went good! I was a three, the werid thing is I went to be induced and when I got to the hospital I was already having contractions, but I didn't know.. so they let me try doing it on my own, but my body stalled out. I was contracting but not dilateing. I would do it again!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey girl, I'm sorry to hear that:( Well I was induced because my blood pressure went way up and it did not go well for me. I ended up with a CSection after 21 hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing. I got the spinal & the epi and now my back hurts like hell. I hated being in the hospital so long I was there for 5 days. My nurses were great so that did make it easier. My recovery went really well I was up and walking the same day I had the Csection and even when I went home I was like nothing, my hubby would worry because he said I was doing too much.lol I hope she comes soon try everything u can:)
  • @MrsThompson34 ohh no..what happened?! sorry u had such bad experience :( and yeah my bf is acting like hes the one whos been carrying this belly and gonna have to push this baby out while i know hes gonna be in the delivery twiddling his thumbs hahaha
  • @Starlilly i still don't know what i am gonna do...part of me wants to wait but part of me wants baby out! lol i am gonna try get this baby out on my own before january 2nd. i know some people have good experiences like u did...but i am still scared lol i am such a worrier
  • @JuliansMommy ohh no :( i didn't know u got induced too. sorry urs didn't go so well. i really really don't want a c section either. i had my firrst two natural and i wanted this baby to be the same...
  • @ta2edblondie yeah i know..baby seems to fine so idk why they would push it on me. i mean they ae leaving it up to me so..ima have to think about this for a while. hopefully baby will come before then lol
  • I was induced with my last two... with my son I was 41weeks and my last 40weeks 1 day... ask your doctor if they can start the induction process the night before.. give you cervidel(sp) that night then pitocin in the morning
  • I had I horrible experience! Went in at 1cnn and 90% effaced so they said it should be no problem and easy. I was in Labor 23 hours, temp kept going over 102, babies heart rate kept going over 200, and I couldn't stop throwing up. Baby stayed at -2 station the whole time. They told me I had no choice anymore and to be honest I was just done. Well I was puking during c section (which is hard while flat on your back) and my epi started wearing off before they were done stitching me up.... They didn't seem to care. Then felt like I was burning up... Turned out that I was hypothermic so they had to put me under this heating mattress thing. Most miserable thing ever. I was crying the whole time, they ended up giving me drugs to pass me out. Didn't get to hold my baby for...I don't really remember but over 6 hours. Then I kept passing out and needed a blood transfusion. My colostrum stopped coming in and I never got my milk in..... They said the cause was a traumatic delivery. And had a horrible recovery, couldn't take care of my son for the first couple weeks cuz I ended up getting an infection in my uterus and was really weak, having excruciating abdominal pain, and my temp kept hitting 102. I was originally in the hospital 5 days and then had to keep coming back because of the infection. Next time I'm just getting a scheduled c section so I don't have to go through so much crap. And never having the chance to breast feed cuz of all that killed me! I wanted to do that more than anything. My son lost over a pound in a couple days cuz I kept trying. I had to give in and formula feed him
    I am lucky enough to have a friend who had her baby 3 weeks before me and has an over supply so tomorrow we are going to see if he takes her breast milk (from the bottle not her boob LOL)
  • edited December 2011
    @juliansmommy I was just there two days longer than u. my blood pressure was still high after the baby so they kept Me for that reason & for a few other reasons ughh. Now im scared if im preggo again. Nigel said hes happy if I am.
  • I have a feeling I will wake up one morning to read that Hazel decided to come on her own! She just wants to make everyone wait lol
  • I would sat wait as long as possible but if you have to get induced just make sure they tell you everything they are doing! They kept upping my pitocin without telling me and was having back to back contractions which led me to getting my epi earlier than I wanted to.
  • WHAT!! If you want her to come on her own, then wait. There are women who give birth naturally at 43-44 weeks. Let baby make the choice. Wait for the NST and then talk about induction. Pitocin sucks!
  • Good luck, I hope your baby will come on her own so you dont have to worry! :)
  • edited December 2011
    @myheartzx3- I bet she will come on her own before next week:)
    @mrsthompson34- ya my labor was not so good that's why I can wait a bit to get preggo again...lol I dnt want to risk it...I went to my regular dr appt and from there I was sent to the hospital. I was there for so long because they were running that 24 hour protein test and they also had me hooked up to the IV to replenish fluids because I was dehydrated so the dr had me stay at the hospital until those results came back. Adter 24 hours of having the stupid IV on me I still did not have enough fluids for my Julian. And the test came back positive I had beginning symptoms of pre e. So after all that bs they decided to induce me, thank god after I had Julian I went home in 2 days I was going crazy in there.
  • Whoa washing the floor the Cinderella way actually sounds like a good idea...
  • @juliansmommy awe im glad u & Julian made it out of there :) I hope our next experience will b better.
  • Wow..I dont want to tell you to wait since I was miserable the last month. But at the same time I don't want to tell you to induce. With my first, a day was not picked out for her to come but I was put on pitocin and the dr had to "re break" my water so things didn't happen natually for me which is basically like an induction. The dr told me that the pitcocin would make it hurt more and it sure did! But besides that the delivery wasn't bad. I was in A LOT of pain but my labor lasted 7 hours. I did tear but I think tearing just boils down to the individual.

This time around I was put on pitocin again but the pain wasn't as bad as the first time. The dr had to break my water also and I was in active labor for 6 hours. Two different deliveries, two different experiences. So don't think that it will go bad for you, it doesn't always turn out that way. If you have it in you, I would wait though. Have you been trying ways to get her out? I got desperate towards the end and started taking castor oil. It ended up not working but before I took it I was reading other peoples stories from another board I'm on. Some worked, while others didn't. It all boils down to what you're comfortable with. On Jan 2 u will be around 41 weeks. If she isn't out by then (which I hope isn't the case) you're still "safe". I wouldn't do anything until 42 weeks. But like I said its all on you.

I hope she comes on her own though. Either way I can't wait to see your "Its time!" post :)
  • Wow..I dont want to tell you to wait since I was miserable the last month. But at the same time I don't want to tell you to induce. With my first, a day was not picked out for her to come but I was put on pitocin and the dr had to "re break" my water so things didn't happen natually for me which is basically like an induction. The dr told me that the pitcocin would make it hurt more and it sure did! But besides that the delivery wasn't bad. I was in A LOT of pain but my labor lasted 7 hours. I did tear but I think tearing just boils down to the individual.

This time around I was put on pitocin again but the pain wasn't as bad as the first time. The dr had to break my water also and I was in active labor for 6 hours. Two different deliveries, two different experiences. So don't think that it will go bad for you, it doesn't always turn out that way. If you have it in you, I would wait though. Have you been trying ways to get her out? I got desperate towards the end and started taking castor oil. It ended up not working but before I took it I was reading other peoples stories from another board I'm on. Some worked, while others didn't. It all boils down to what you're comfortable with. On Jan 2 u will be around 41 weeks. If she isn't out by then (which I hope isn't the case) you're still "safe". I wouldn't do anything until 42 weeks. But like I said its all on you.

I hope she comes on her own though. Either way I can't wait to see your "Its time!" post :)