My husband just told me he feels

edited January 2012 in Thirty Plus
Trapped what the hell do you say to that.

Comments

• Oh wow! I'm sorry. Is he a first time dad?
  • No this is our second, and my third. I know he said it out of anger and cause he was tired but that's alittle hard to say opps I shouldn't have said that. I mean that was just really ugly thing to say. Both our kids are sick right now, and I'm tired too but I wouldn't stoop that low. Plus he got fired right after thanksgiving. But all that still doesn't excuse his behavior. my oldest was ready to kick his butt out the door.
  • Sounds like depression to me, I have suffered it and felt trapped. I didn't mean it as trapped in my relationship but just life in general. He needs to probably talk to someone about why he is feeling trapped. Believe me though as a guy it is hard to swallow your pride and admit you need help sometimes.
  • I think everyone with kids can feel 'trapped' if this is something he said once then I would see if there is something you can do to ease his mind. Maybe an afternoon away with the boys or something? Having kids can make you lose yourself because you never do anything for yourself. This counts for you too of course, everyone needs moments to ourselves to keep sane otherwise he could reach the point of feeling resentful which is a way worse feeling then trapped and usually is the reason a couple breaks up, hope it all works out :)
  • Thanks ladies, that's why I tried to keep my cool and just say hey that was mean instead fighting, also cause I know I could vent here and get some response back from outside sources.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.