hey mama's.

edited January 2012 in December 2011
Hey ladies. I miss you all so much. I haven't been on cuz my phone is off. So i am using a wifi spot just so i can check on my ladies. Hoa is everyone. @myheartzx3 are you a new mommy yet? I hope baby comes soon if not.
How is being mommies for the rest? Im still adjusting to having 3 kids under 5. Lol. Its not easy. ;) but i love my family. My daughter is so beautiful. She will be 3 weeks tomorrow. She makes me feel complete. At the moment, i feel like im done. (Having babies). Lol. She has been spitting up a lot but her dr isn't concerned. I love my little girl so very much. My boys are cute, they love her too. They love holding her and talking to her. Its way cute. My husband just adores her. She smiles and its perfect. She even laughs sometimes. Its cute. :) as you can tell i am very glad she's here. I love sleeping with her on my chest. Lol. I have been so tired lately. My husband caught me sleeping and took a picture. Lol.
But enough about me. Please let me know how you all are. I miss you. @babybubba123111 @tricesbaby @myheartzx3 @jessannengland @everyone :)

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Hey I was wondering what happened to you. I see youre enjoying motherhood :) Im enjoying my little bundle but Ive got the baby blues :( I knew I would get it but, I was hoping I got lucky. She had her two week checkup today (although shes only 10 days) then I went to BabiesRUs. That little trip made me feel better. I would like to get out more but she still doesnt have her shots yet. Almost two weeks down, 10 more to go before I go back to work (Im dreading that day...lol) Ive been battling with breastfeeding, shes having trouble latching on and I have an oversupply. Lately Ive been manually expressing and dumping. I feel horrible doing it but I refuse to give up. She tried one night but got frustrated with latching and my poor nipples hurt. So I bought a nipple shield and nipple shells and some storage bottles so I will be trying again :) Glad to hear from you. @myHEARTZx3 had Hazel on the 30th. She has a thread up with a pic of her. Its called "Hazel is on her way" I believe. Check in when you can...later
  • hey! i know u must be soo happy and feel so complete now :D must be super busy with all 3 under 5! i always said i wanted to have one more close in age to hazel but i don't think i could do it. LOL and yes i have finally given birth to my princess on 12/30. it was a fast and smooth labor. they said i was made to have babies. haha i just been so tired because this is my first time breastfeeding and i didn't know how hard it really was. my milk finally came in today or last night but my nips been hurting. i have a doctors appt today to check on her weight because they said she lost too much. she was 8lbs 1oz at birth and yesterday she weighed 7lbs 5 oz... but since my milk came in i hope shes stopped losing weight. i haven't even had time to post my labor story yet but i will gt around to it lol...anyway take care mama and i hope u can check in again soon!
  • @myHEARTZx3 our babies share a birthday!
    @angel26 had my baby! 6 lbs 14 oz! He is perfect!
  • @myheartzx3 i tried bf but my nipples were bleeding a lot, when she spit up there was blood. She also lost a lot of weight. She was really weak. She's been on formula. (I felt so horrible). Im not sure if i will have another. Only time will tell. Lol.
    @babybubba123111 i am still waiting for the worse part of the depression. I have had some rough days. My little girl will be 3 weeks tomorrow. I can't believe its been that long already.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @RileyAndMe thanks. I know she gets my antibodies if Im breastfeeding but before today she went a few days without it. I was manually expressing and dumping so I wasnt sure if the milk I gave her days before was good enough.

@myHEARTZx3 I tried the nipple shield today with the assistance of a nipple shell. The shell is for when I lactate on one side, the other side would leak so the shell catches it. The shield works wonders and Maddie actually latches on without it killing my nipples. So just incase you need a break because your nipples hurt, try the shield.

@angel26 Yeah the depression isnt too bad on some days. Now I have to plan a wedding and its stressing me out. My family is getting on my last nerve! But Im trying to not let it get to me. I have a history of depression so once I slip, theres no turning back for awhile. Hopefully yours doesnt get any worse though. Looking at my lo usually helps. Shes so new and innocent that she takes all of the bad thoughts away :)
  • Oh glad to hear your doing well how u can get some more sleep soon. when was your daughter born? Bc my lo just turned 3 weeks on monday and other than wanting some more sleep sometimes she is amazing and such a blessing there is just do much love that I just want to hold her and never let go lol... Shes a very good baby :) I am very thankful for her.
  • @mollysmama ooh wow! yay :D i didn't know that. congrats :X
  • @BabyBubba123111 i actually had the nipple shield in case this might happen...so i tried it last night and she does not like it! she will spit it out. she won't even take the pacifier. she only likes the real thing. but i can't get her to open big enough. i have an appointment with lactation tomorrow so hopefully they can help me. at least ur lil maddie likes the nipple shield and ur nipples get a break LOL
  • ouch that sounds painful! the tips of my nipples have a little scab on it but it hurts...i hope it doesn't get worst. i went to my appointment and shes gained back 5 oz in one day...so shes going back in the right direction :D
  • @myheartzx3 i had scabs on mine as well but they were loose and every time she would latch on it would just cause more bleeding. It hurt so bad. I couldn't take it anymore. :(
    @jules her birth date is 12-14. Wednesday. So they only a couple days apart?
  • Yeay! So exciting that they are so close together I will for sure remember her birthday :) what did you end up naming her? Oh and congrats ! Please tell me how shes doing so we can compare notes :) and also how your doing bc I'm thinking about going back to dance on friday since I feel good and I didn't tare or anything had very easy delivery how about you?
  • edited January 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I live in a townhouse/apt and my yard is in the front so i wouldnt be able to do it outside lol I wonder if sunlight would work indoor thru a window. I been airing my nipples out...hospital gave bme lansinoh and some kinda gel pads for my nips. The pain is bearable I just hope it doesn't get worse. It gets raw on the tip then scabs..it never bled yet. I have an appt with lactation so hopefully they can help

@tricesbaby
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @jules ya, it would be great to compare notes. Lol. Im ok, but I've still got cramps most days. And i have pain down there some days. That pain is similar to what i was dealing with during pregnancy, minus the pressure. And sometimes its bad enough i can hardly walk without wincing. I have a dr appointment Tuesday to make sure things are ok. Do you still have any pain? My delivery went pretty fast. No tears, no stitches. Only pushed for like 5 min. And had extremely painful contractions for about 4-5 hours. My baby girl is perfect (to me anyways :) ) she is bottle fed and has just recently started eating the whole 4oz. And sometimes wants a little extra. She has been having a little difficulty going poo and sometimes acts like it kinda hurts, and acts like its hard to do. I feel bad sometimes. Im thinking of getting her in to dr. Other than that, she's great.she has been staying awake a little longer on occasion. She smiles all the time and it's adorable. :) she is usually ok at night, wakes up around midnight to eat, again around 2:30 or 3. And again around 6am. So not to terrible lol. How about you. How are things with you and your lo.
  • @jules oh and her name is kirsten nicholle. But we usually call her baby girl lol.
    @tricesbaby it sounds like you adore your new baby. :) i love holding my baby girl. She sleeps on her back though. Cuz sometimes she acts uncomfortable on her belly. So ya.
  • @angel26 well kristen sounds like a good baby I'm glad to hear shes nice and healthy and I feel bad for her too its so hard to see them in pain or uncomfortable I hope the poops get beyer for her and its just a stage... But my labor was very easy not painful more like annoying at times bc it just felt like I wanted to go poop the whole time and it was just her pushin down trying to come out :)... I too had to tears or anything didn't and haven't had any pain after delivery been back to all normal since day 5 including back to my pre prego weight plus 2 pounds extra so thats plus... Ive even been going on long walks and tom morning which I guess is today in going back to dance I'm a ballet dancer. But Scarlett is like on exact same eating as kristen thats the times she eats at night pretty much she eats 11pm then like 1am then not until 5am.. And she usually does 4oz or wants little more... Smiles a lot as well awake a lot during the day now no long naps anymore. Can hold her head up and is trying to roll over already. But I do think u should check with doc about ur pain bc since our girls r only 2 days apart and we both didn't tear and I've felt great we had sex after a week and I'm slowly going back to my physical activities and haven't had any pain.. I hope everything is ok update me on that when u find out what may b going on. Oh and the only tuff thing we have with Scarlett right now is she wants to b heald all the time even like if shes totally asleep and we set her down she wakes up so were trying to change that as of yesterday cause thats not the best habit when u have a lot of things to get done and we all can use some rest :)
  • edited January 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited January 2012
    @tricesbaby well she just wakes up once we put her down bc, many times ater I feed her shes asleep ya know so were working on getting her to be ok with just being put down and today she did a lot better I only had to pick her back up during one of her naps which is good.
    And as fast as your supply sounds like what was happening to me bc she wants to way a lot since she can go 4 hrs and just sleep so I had to make my supply go up by at least just trying to pump every 2 hrs and it worked after only one day I really would do it if u need your supply to go up. But do what u think is best and what works for you good luck :)
  • @jules my little girl also loves to be held. We usually don't have a lot of trouble with her staying asleep when putting her down. But yesterday evening and all night i had that problem. Last night she woke up everytime i put her down. So i pretty much had to sleep with her all night to get any sleep.
    @tricesbaby im sorry, i can't help with the bf. I wasn't produceing enough. I had to do formula.
  • @angel26 hello, sorry I didnt check pregly till now. Baby and I are ok. He had to have surgery on the 2nd for Pyloric Stenosis. He was puking/spitting up alot so I took him to the ER and they said he needed the surgery or he wouldnt get better.. The docs also said Pyloric Stenoiss is very common these days especially with first born males. As far as my BD and I..weve been arguing off the hook lately and idk if were going to stay together..future looks grim. I hate it, my lifes falling apart and so am I.
  • @angel26 lol I feel like thats how it started because thats what daddy was doing so we were both like no more or at least try and transition her slowly hopefully it works... Can u believe they r about to b one month old that went by soo fast.... Is she starting to b more awake during the day?,cause thats what Scarlett been doing this past week...
  • @jessannengland that's no good. Im sorry your little guy needed surgery. My oldest brother had that problem and had surgery at a month old. I hope he's doing better. Im sorry that you and bd aren't doing so well. I really hope things get better soon. Even if it means bd isn't in the picture. You don't need the stress.
  • @jessannengland also, im here if you need to talk to someone.
    @jules i also can't believe that they will be a month old. Lol. I feel like it was just last week that i was begging her to come out. Lol. Now she's here and adorable. :) and ya, she wakes up and stays awake more. Its fun cuz she sits and looks around and smiles a lot.
  • @angel26 I agree it its a lot more fun now everyone gets chance to play with her little..it will be even more fun when they start getting entertained but the little toys they have.
  • @jules ya, im so excited for her to play with dolls and play kitchens. :)
  • @angel26 I forgot to ask u are you breastfeeding her? How much is she eating bc ill pump so at night daddy can feed so I can get some sleep and she has been eating 4oz like every 3 or 4 hrs.
  • I tried bf but she wasn't getting enough and started getting really weak. So she gets formula. And that's about what she's eating. 4oz every 3-4 hours. Sometimes she wants a little extra, but not very often. Your so lucky, your hubby wakes up with her? I wish mine did. Even if it were just once in a while. Im so exhausted lately that I've been falling asleep feeding her. Thank goodness for boby and pillows. Lol
  • @jules oh, and i have a question. How many poopy diapers do you change on average a day? I think my little girl has a problem in that area. Cuz she doesn't have hardly any. And definitely not every day. And when she finally does go, it seems hard for her, sometimes painful. :(