Baby Showers?

edited January 2012 in UK
Did any of you have a baby shower? If so, did you enjoy yourself? What sort of things did you do at it?
I'm thinking of having one but I know they're not as common over here.

Comments

• edited January 2012
    Baby showers are so much fun! I had 2 of them the first with family/friends and the second was a suprise one at work. We played games, had cake, and best of all opened all the gifts:) it's also great catching up with family/friends you haven't seen in a while.
  • I had 2 baby showers as well 1 family and 1 work. One of the games we did at my family shower was a diaper raffle. The invite told them that for every package of diapers they brought, they would get a raffle ticket and I made the grand prize a $50 gift card to a really cool store. I got sooo many diapers that my son is now 3mo old and I have yet to buy a single diaper for him. I'm just now getting into the size 2 diapers, plus the closet is still full of size 3.
  • I had two as well loved them everyone talked we had food, played lots of games and people won some fun prizes :) then I opened all my gifts pretty much at the end of the shower. Of and we had the beautiful cake my friend got made for me. I would do one its a great memory to have.
  • @everyone how far on were you all when you had your baby shower? x
  • edited January 2012
    I had two. the first one only 4 people showed up and it sucked...super boring. the second my co workers threw it and i had a lot of fun. i was 27 wks with the first shower the second one i was 30 wks
  • I was 36 weeks with the first & 1 week pp with the second.