Military mommas!

edited January 2012 in Baby showers
If you're stationed away from your hometown, did you have a babyshower back at home?
How did you do it?

Comments

• Everyone came to me. I'm only 2 hrs from home though
  • back home. and if you have a few friends around your town then one of your closer friends would throw you one. like @momma_tiffay
  • @ripKaydence you went back home for your babyshower? Did you drive or fly home? I'm 26 hours away from home so I don't want to do that two day drive whole 7 months pregnant lol but idk how to get gifts back to cali from tx
  • I went home! I was 15hrs away and drove. I stayed home for a few weeks though so that the trip didn't seem so quick. My son's father then flew up and drove home with me. I asked everyone who got me big things to get it shipped to our house and they just printed out pics and put them in my card. I have an SUV so all of the little stuff fit on the way back :)
  • @stbmilitarybrat they messed up my husbands leave so he only has 11 days :/ he won't allow me to drive 1700 miles alone and I don't blame him lol
    I think I'm just going to have to ask for gift cards. But that sounds so boring lol
  • I wish I could have went home for a baby shower but I was in a tight financial status during my pregnancy so that was just not an option. But as @ripkaydence mentioned, a couple friends of mine threw a small shower for me, they're so sweet. :)