Little steps

edited January 2012 in Daddy's place
I'm really proud of my bd right now. Last night, I don't know what happened, but I got really sick really suddenly. My lo started crying and needed his diaper changed but I couldn't movewithout wanting to puke. Well I was lying there trying tio get the room spinning and bd walked in and asked what was wrong. I told him I was sickj and baby needed his diaper changed then I got up and ran to the bathroom because I felt like I was going to puke.so bd says do you want me to change him (he hasn't changed s single diaper since baby was born).so I said if you think you can, He said I don't know how but illl try. So he took the baby and tried tio change his diaper. Well being the control freak that I am half way through I went in and finished for him and took baby and put him in his bed well he was still crying and I was s til sick. So back tio the bathroom I went. And bd asked me if I needed anything and I said no then he asked what baby needed and I said I don't know. So he went into the bedroom got baby and burped him and cuddled him and got him to sleep so that I was able to just go lay down and go to sleep. This is just a small thing for the baby but its a huge step for him as a daddy.

Comments

• That's awesome
    Atleast now you know he can if need be.
  • That is a huge step! Yay! I'm sorry you're feeling sick, but i'm glad he had the oppurtunity (sp?) to help out. Be sure and praise and thank him like crazy lol maybe he'll start doing it a little more
  • @kimberly4411 o I definitely did once I stopped trying to throw up lol. @barefootmama he still has a little learning to do before I'm confidant in him doing it alone..he doesn't know not tio leave baby up on the table and step away yet
  • That's great...im sure as your son gets older bd will get more comfortable with taking care of him. Some men just dont do well when they're so tiny and helpless. Or maybe like my husband he's afraid i will say he's doing it wrong (im such a control freak).