mommy needs a nap...

edited January 2012 in Single moms
And food lol. My two year old has bronchitis and has been fussy the last four days. The baby has acid reflux and fussy and projectile spitting up. I feel like i never have a moment to myself. I have one snack a day bc i cant even sit down to eat. I get barely three hours of sleep a day. I am mentally and physically exhausted. And to top it off i have state board dental exam on monday and have barely been able to study.

Comments

• I know how you feel! My 3 yr old has pink eye and a virus. My lo is pretty good most of the time. I hardly get a chance to sit down and eat. I'm tired too. I'm not technically a single mom, but for the past 10 months i have been. I just keep telling myself, only a couple more weeks!!!!
  • Can ur bd come watch the kids.while u nap or a family member
  • @preggointx bd is not involved whatsoever and i have noone to watch them except when i go to school
  • @sands3 aww poor baby. I hope they feel better soon!
  • What dental boards are you taking and what state are you in? I'm a RDA /RDH in CA?
  • Im in missouri... im taking my first exam for ny cda. I plan on going back after graduating in september for hygiene!
  • Nice :-) try checking out apps to help you study. I got NDBHE for my hygiene boards on my phone and it saved my life. I'm sure they have them for CDA boards too. Not to date myself but they didn't have smart phones when I took my RDA boards lol.
  • @Frantastic i get test anxiety really bad. So the closer it gets the more im freaking out. But i will definitely look for apps!
  • I feel for ya!! I have 3 kids. I'm exhausted. For the reflux, take baby to a chiro for an adjustment, seriously, instant cure and you both will sleep BETTER.
  • @Bahamamama4828 i never knew about taking them to a chiro!
  • Dude I feel ya. It's a big test but seriously just trust your instincts and go with your first answer, it's 99% of the time the right one. You'll do great.
  • @Frantastic i think the anxiety is just worse bc i want to do better for my babies and i feel like if i fail ill be letting them down.
  • You can't think like that girlie. Remind yourself that you know the material and take deep breaths, your babies will love you no matter what. Is it the written or practical board you're about to take and how much $ is it going to set you back? I know it's a lot of pressure because of the money. I cried myself to sleep the night before my written thinking if I failed it I wouldn't have the money to take it again.
  • If you need help with studying I'd be glad to help. I've been in your shoes with the testing. I was 37wks preggo when I took my hygiene practical boards on Oct 2nd, found out I passed Oct 11th, went into labor lol and had my son on Oct 12th, so I really do feel for you hon.
  • @Frantastic we only have to take three written parts here. School pays the first time but if you dont pass then you have to pay so that adds to the pressure.
  • Oh yes it does. You're lucky that the school is paying. My written was $365 and the practical was $575 all out of my pocket, not easy for a starving student. But you'll do fine and then you'll have a great job and be able to provide a good life for your kiddos.
  • @Frantastic i really hope so!
  • This exam is all about infection controls and all of that