truly inspriational one born every minute episode!

edited January 2012 in UK
A lady with learning disabilties, from being ran over when she was 13, has just given birth on OBEM I cried alllll the way through! Her first question when she arrived was: they wont take my baby away will they?

Then she said what if I cry when baby's born, to whcih midwife (who was already crying) replied dont worry its a normal reaction and we'll prob be crying to, the midwives was fantastic! She lives about 50min drive from me and if she was closer I woulda offered to go round and sit with her everyday whilst her hubby was at work, truly amazinggg couple

She kept sayin I love you already before baby arrived and she was cryingg sooo much when baby arrived!

If you ladies can find it it will be online on channel 4 4od

Comments

• I have recorded it, Stu watched Liverpool tonight (wahoo we are going to Wembley!!!) But look forward to it! Might have to watch it on my own though! X
  • @samiuk how amazing was she!! A true inspiration x
    @littlenat86 wooo come on Liverpool YNWA i live 2 mins from the ground x
  • Stu is a HUGE Liverpool fan and I got into them when I met him 5 years ago! We have friends in Liverpool we go and stay with and I have visited the ground a few times! Our 12 week old is named Riley George Dalglish! I must say, I'm a Jamie Carragher fan and I bloody love the accent! @lyndsay1983
  • @SamiUK I cried all the way through as well!
  • i wanna watch it...is it on tv?
  • @ripKaydence i'm not sure hun if it is over there but the 4od thing is online im sure it will work ill try get the link for you :)

@littlenat86 whoop gettt in! Lol did u see pic of Archie in his You'll Never Crawl Alone babygrow? Shoulda put it on tnyt reaally lol, he got a proper kit aswell got it for 12-18 months so hopefully it fits him in summer haha and I love the accent one to the male one ooooo makess my belly flutter haha

@lyndsay1983 Really amazing, I saaid if I lived nearer to leeds i'd go sit with her when her husband at work haas Archie and Elizabeth woulld be about same age

• @scottishmummy the moment shee said they wont take my baby will they? I was roaring, I work with adults with learning disabilities so it was very very interesting for me to watch
  • http://www.channel4.com/programmes/one-born-every-minute/4od#3279872

That should work @ripKaydence if not illl try find a diff way tomoz has its 2am here lol its episode 4 of series 3

• @samiuk I would love to see this episode. I also work with adults with mental/physical disabilities. My participant has Downs syndrome and I also work with a high functioning autistic man, and another man who is autistic and doesnt/cant speak and they are all truly fantastic people who I completely adore!
  • @DavidnAadynsMama did the link work? They showed you 7 weeks later to and I think she was doing fantastic but they said thinking of child minder 3 days a week then a mothers helper rest of week has she still wanted to do has much has possible and be a mummy, I think being a mum really helped her too xx
  • Ah I'm glad she is getting support rather than social services rushing in and taking away the baby like they sometimes do!!
  • I have only just finished watching the first episode of this series i had to watch it in about 5 sittings cos it made me cry so much! Think its just lookin down at my boy while i watch it thinking what a scary and emotional day we had!
  • @three_cats_n_a_baby aww! Defo watch it in a different perspective when you've given birth yourself xx
  • I watched it earlier, how amazing was she? Made me blub when she said 'Can I take her home now' she was so desperate to get out of there! Loved it when she asked them if they were pulling and they said no you wouldnt like us to and she said yeah I would! Lol! Wasn't too impressed with the other couple this week, when the woman said she would be disappointed if it was another girl I wanted to smack her and ask if she realised how lucky she was to be having a baby at all! Grrrr....
  • Oh I know and how she apologised to her son fair enough he might be young but don't apologise for having a girl! Although well done on obem for showing bf'in on tv!

That other lady I think she wanted to get away so quick has think she was scared of them taking her away bless her! Xx
  • I know, she asked her husband twice if they could leave within the first five minutes bless her!

The ease that woman gave birth aswell, after having pretty horrible long labours that don't end up doing anything I was well jealous! Lol! The breastfeeding was good, the sex of the baby nonsense was horrible! Xx
  • edited January 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.