im going insane

edited January 2012 in "Terrible Two's"
So my little Abigail is two years old, almost three and she's driving me insane.. she's whinny, clingy, disrespectful.. she doesn't even listen to anything said to her.. is either her way or she cries. I have put her on time out and it doesn't even help.. I have even spanked her booty a few times.. I don't even believe in spanking but I gave it a try.. to no success any ways. My 5 months old wants attention that I can't seem to be able to give her because Abigail is driving me insane. My head hurts and I'm about to pull my head off. I don't know what to do.

Comments

• My son is the exact same way. I started doing time out in his room. When the time out was over I would ask him if he was ready to come out and behave. Sometimes he'd say yes..sometimes he said no. If he said no I'd give it another five minutes and ask again. It saved my sanity because time out in the same room didn't do anything but upset both of us...and I avoid spanking if at all possible. Good luck hun!
  • @0utlaw_Sphinx I so need to try that.. I always use time out on the same room and used to get me more frustrated than before. I don't believe on spanking... But people said that it worked and I gave it a try.. is a lie.. is worse and more nerve wrecking than time out.
  • My son is the same way hes 3 1/2 and hes.so much worse than when he was 2 he doesnt listen at all this weekend I boxed up all his.toys thinking he'd want to earn them back.. Nope he actually helped me put them away nothing phases this kid. When you figure something out please let me know im about to pull my hair out
  • This helped us alot with our now 4 yr old. You can even call and ask questions. Super friendly and helpful!

http://www.loveandlogic.com/
  • @mommy2chris girl we are on the same boat
  • @vtmamauju thanks I'll go check it out
  • @Janet_2011 I don't mind spanking but I think its used too often as the only means of discipline. For my son spanking only seemed to work for short periods of time. The time out in his room with him deciding when it would end per his behavior seemed to work so much better. He's still a bear sometimes but not even a 1/3 of the amount he was before.
    @mommy2chris my son is the same age and the same way!! The time out thing I mentioned above was the only time I saw results. I did the same thinng with the toys and he could have cared less!
    @vtmamajuju I'm gonna check that out. Thanks!
  • edited January 2012
    It just seems like if kids behave worse each generation that passes..
  • edited January 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • See I want my kids close in age but I'm afraid that I won't be able to manage a toddler and baby. I would probably have to check myself into a mental home, that's y I'm going to wait till my son at least 3/4 yrs old before I have numero 2
  • put her in daycare. i put my son in daycare and he was a totally diff kid. plus i got me time. if yu cant afford it then super nanny always says follow threw. if shes a problem then dont give warnings. put her in time out tell her why she is in time out let her sit 2 min since shes two. then after 2 min terll her why she was in time out then she has to apologize then hugs n kisses! works charmingly i use it on my son on the weekends but he doesnt need it to much usually i can just tell him he has a warning.,
  • @ripkaydence i put my son in preschool 2 days a week 2 1/2 hours a day and he has gotten worse im working with the teachers and where all going crazy. i know he also had to deal with us welcoming his new baby sister in july. so it is a hard adjustment for him. i can spend 2 hours with him in time out just to get him to say sorry, he just refuses to, i dont give up. do you know what is was that the daycare did to make him different?
  • edited February 2012
    @ArmahnisMommy I give her way more attention than what I give the baby.. just so that she doesn't think I'm pushing her aside.

@yummymummy1 yes if you can wait til your baby is 3 to get pregnant.. is really hard.

@ripKaydence I would put her on a day care.. but I am scared that something might happen to her there.. I tried my best not to think so negative but when it comes to my kids.. I don't trust no one. Is really hard.. I watch the news way too much lol.. I am going to die when she starts school.
  • edited February 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ArmahnisMommy thanks for the advice. I know you are right .. do you have any tips on how to start to let go of the fear?? Because I have no clue how to do that.