your experiences

edited February 2012 in Potty Training
How old was your lo when you started potty training and how fast where they trained? Also, how often did you remind them to go?

Comments

• My daughter was 2 and went on the potty once and that was it...never had an accident. She was just ready. Now my son just turned two and we are trying, he pooped once on the potty and sits on it but that's it. I had him in underwear and he did wet himself. He is tougher, I think he isn't ready yet. I was aiming to have him trained before baby comes in Apr but don't think that is gonna happen. I think boys are harder.
  • She was 2 and a few months.. after a hard day or two of accidents she got perfect hang of it, I'm still putting her on diapers to sleep though:(
  • My son is 2.5 and we are half way through training, he does all his wee's in the toilet but poos he keeps doing in his jocks then coming and telling me. I remind my son to go every hour, but it's been a little over a week and now I kinda do half reminding and half let him work out when. Only 1 wee accident all week. My step son was 3 never had an accident with us and basically trained himself for wee and poo. I met my fiance when my step daughter was 3.5 she was terrible, accidents 5-6 times a day no matter what we tried, till we started giving stamps and stickers when she did it right. When she had an accident she didn't get spoken to about it just changed and sent off to play, she is now almost 5 and still has accidents but is much better.
  • We tried a few times before and it didn't work, now my son is 2.6 and we started today and he did great, pee and poop on the potty and only a few accidents. I'm hoping this goes fast!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ArmahnisMommy I tried with my son when he was just over a year too and it didn't happen lol I'm glad its going so well for you now!
  • edited February 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • He's two and a half. Up until yesterday he refused to try but m&ms are worth it to him now to use the potty:)
  • My son was 2 can caught on very quick. I had no problems
  • @ArmahnisMommy he'll be 3 in mid August...today is a lot harder than yesterday, he's so darn STUBBORN! @sands3 wow! That's awesome, I wish my little guy would be easy...I think I should've tried around 2 when he was less stubborn but his brother had just been born
  • @ArmahnisMommy wow! I don't want that to be me lol. I'd better stick with it! Thanks:)