What do u have? Shower? Games?

Just wondering what my belly buds & other mommas have for baby? And when will you be having a baby shower (if having one)?

My mom is bringing my hubby & I home at the end of April for a shower, we're due the end of June. I'm excited & hope & pray we get the things on our registry bc my friend hardly got anything... & we can't afford to get it on our own! Lol so if we don't, we may be screwed! Haha I told my mom I wanted to at least play the melted chocolate bar in the diaper game though...

What are some games you guys have played or want to play?!

I feel very blessed already bc my mom has been very good to us & has gotten quite a bit!

Comments

• I don't think I'll have a baby shower even though one of my friends have mentioned throwing one for me. My mother & Husband both are set on believeing they should get the big stuff like furniture and whatnot the last month or so. I think that's a little late. All I really have is baby clothes, blanket and some toys. Not alot but still happy that I have that :-D
  • Taste test baby food. You take plasic shot glasses and little spoons. Things like peas, green beans, carrots, squash, pears, peaches. Aswell as some of the melts :) Ppl have to guess what flavor it is, you would be suprized how many ppl get them wrong.

You can also do the name game. If you know what you are naming your child, see how many words ppl can make out of the name.

Good Luck :)
  • Im having my shower at the end of april and i dont really like going to babyshowers but i always like the game when people get a ribbon or tp and guess how long you need to go around the mommy to be's tummy and the person that gets the closes wins:)
  • baby bingo and poopie diaper are fun ones!
  • We played how many nursey rythems(sp) people could get right. We guessed how many pacifier shaped sweethearts were in a jar. Umm..we did the ribbon around my belly. And for the little kids we did pin the diaper on the baby lol. We also did the candy bar thing in the diapers and how many things the baby needs. I had two showers.
  • Sweet tarts not hearts lol
  • At my shower, i had a diaper raffle, for every box they bring they get put in a drawing for a giftcard or sonething, i was scared nobody would bring actual gifts, but they did :) i still have diapers and i also had them bring a book instead of a card and had them write a note and sign the inside. I'll see if i can find my invitations with the cute wording
  • We did the book thing too instead of cards. We thought why have everyone give us a card that we will end up throwing away instead of a book we could read to her a bunch of times. My dad got her a bed time book and we just started to read it to her every night as a bed time routine.
  • edited March 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I love the poopie diaper game I've done it for a couple showers I've thrown!

So far we have, crib, bedding, car seat & stroller, bath, & clothes galore! Well have a mattress soon after we cash a check from my grams. Hubbys mom also had a pack & play for us and bought us the convertible car seat.

We are having a coed baby shower may 6. Due june 5th so praying if he comes early it's after that! But I wanted to do it later so the weather is nice since it'll be at or house we want to use the back yard for yard games and seating. We are just going yo do a candy in the jar guessing game & send a gift card to the winner. And then baby guessing game. Weight, height, date, time. Whoever is closest will get a gift too! After he comes obviously!!
  • @armahnismommy I've never heard of that one. The diaper game I play is melted candy bars and each diaper is numbered they have to guess what type of candy bar it is. It's very entertaining!
  • At my sons bby shower we played baby bingo , finish the nursery rhyme , a raffle for ppl who brought diapers ,
  • edited March 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @arhmanismommy well they open the diaper and look at the melted candy bar! They can smell it too just not touch or eat. But you can mush it around. I did snickers, baby ruth, milky way, kit kat, 100 grand, 3 musketeers, reeses, hersheys, almond joy, butter fingers (don't melt really), I can't think of the rst but I had like 12!
  • @mom2ing I did that game at my shower for the guys n it was so much fun lol
  • We played baby shower mad libs omg it was so funny. I found a mad lib online and filled in my name where it said. Then I went through and created how many ever words there were that they had to use. I made up nouns, adjectives, famous people, numbers, verbs etc. I printed out like 9 pages of the mad Lib and the words. I came up with goofy words too to make it funny. I Made Teams of three. They all had the same things and they all had to make up the libs. Whoever I thought was the funniest mad lib was the winner. Some of the stuff they came up with was off the wall. We also played the price is right as well. I went and bought things I knew I would need but wouldn't get much of and saved the reciept. My host held up the things and people had to guess how much the stuff was and in the end total it up. Whoever came closest to the price I paid with tax won....