Standing and walking early

edited March 2012 in Walking
So jace is 7 1/2 months old and he's been crawling for almost a month now but the last couple weeks its like he's trying to go from the crawling position to standing.. He will be in the crawling position and then lift his whole body up and straighten his legs right out so its like hes standing upright and just bending over and touching the floor, its really funny and cute but I really think that hes going to be walking quite early.. My husband walked at 8 1/2 months so I'm thinking he may be taking after daddy.. Anyone else have an early walker?

Comments

• also, When he was in this position he was holding his hand out so when I reached for his hand I swear he was grunting and trying to stand and he did however I was supporting most of his weight but he was making the movements, I was just making sure he didn't fall and get hurt
  • My 8 month old is doing this same stuff. My daughter who is now 4 started doing it around this same age and started walking at 10 months.
  • My baby girl has been walking on and off since8 months. At 9 she started fully walking now she close to 11 months
  • My 8 month old has been crawling since 4 months and pulling himself up since 4 1/2 he can stand unsupported and walk behind one of those push toy things but he isn't confident enough yet to try walking on his own
  • My daughter started crawing at 6-7 months n standing at 7months . Now she is 10 but only takes 3 steps and boom goes back to crawling
  • My girl started crawling at 5m, standing at 7, and running (yes running, she NEVER walked.. even to this day at 5 1/2yrs old... lol) at 9m...
  • My son started doing that, but now he stands right up, and can balance himself. He tries to take steps, but always falls down. He's 8 months.