Bleeding at 16 weeks. HELP!

edited March 2012 in Second Trimester
I just went to go pee, and when I wiped there was brownish blood, and then I wiped again, and there was a few clots of bright red blood...I haven't had any sort of cramping at all..so I don't know what's going on. Anyone experience this before? I've never had a miscarriage..so I don't know what to expect..I just know bleeding at this point isn't GOOD especially bright red. =/

Comments

• I'd go to the er. At 17 weeks my placenta started to come up prematurely so I had to go on bed rest. But it could be a number of things. Please keep us updated and go get seen.
  • I hope everything is fine but get checked out ASAP!!
  • You need to go to the ER. If it is a miscarriage, you risk your body not being able to pass the baby and serious risk for hermmorhage. Bleeding is never normal especially with clots. It may be nothing, but it is worth getting checked out.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Sending prayers your way
  • @Mommy2ING @mmy21nttc @mommyof3girls @captivated @ArmahnisMommy I called L&D to see what they'd say to me..they pretty much told me since I was going to be seeing a midwife in a different county, that there wasn't anything they could do for me, and if I was indeed having a miscarriage, I would just have to sit there until everything passed. I'm not seeing bright red blood anymore when I wipe, just brown blood..so I hope everything is ok, but I'm going to make an appointment with my midwife tomorrow or asap.
  • Wow hun! I'm sorry they aren't taking this seriously. I hope everything turns out okay!!!
  • @mom2ing you said exactly what I was thinking. I was just unsure how to word it.
  • Agreed. I would possibly understand their reasoning if say she was 7 weeks along and there wasn't a whole lot they could do but at 16 weeks?!? I find it truly appalling that her symptoms were dismissed so quickly!
  • And if she began hemorrhaging at home and died, they would have a major lawsuit on their hands @mom2ing.

If the bleeding is just brown and is not heavy, go ahead and wait until the morning when you can call your OB. They will get you in for an emergency appointment that day. Lay down and relax. Try not to stress.
  • Thats bull shit go anyway
  • Update? I really hope everything is okay! Been praying for you and baby since last night.
  • I hope that everything is going okay. You should have been seen by now! Update when you get a chance :(
  • @Mom2ING@dragono523@Captivated since I stopped bleeding I just waited it out, and went to see my midwife this morning. Everything's fine. She just told me to relax, and not do too much. She said it was probably from me doing a lot yesterday, and I lifted our mattress and boxspring to clean behind it..so that could cause me to bleed. But I go back next week for a check up.
  • That is great news!! I am so glad. Take it easy now!
  • @captivated yes it is! I was worried that last that I would start bleeding again, but I just took it easy, and didn't do anything at all. No more spring cleaning for me for a few weeks :(
  • What a relief! This is the only time in a woman's life where it's perfectly acceptable to be as lazy as you want. Take advantage of it. >:D<
  • Glad it stopped but still speak to your doctor or mid wife
  • @drgonzo523 yep I'm going to be as lazy as possible until I have my appointment. Only thing I'm going to be doing is changing diapers, making bottles, and cooking the least that I have to. lol
  • Oh its sooo horrible hun but they can't do anything if you were miscarraging anyway. Thank GOD you weren't!! I had a beed at 13 weeks 24 hours after sex. Only a tiny bit that you could see when I wiped. It lasted 3 days. I went to the hospital and they told me to go home an wait it out. I went to another hospital and begged for an ultra sound and she was fine. At 15 weeks again 24 hours after sex I bled but this time it RAN down my legs!! It was dark but I rushed to hospital and this time I begged for an internal. She said number one you would have bled straight away if sex caused it and number 2 it was coming from my womb not my cervix.. but they did an ultrasound, said she was fine and then sent me home to wait it out there. I'm now 34 weeks :) !!!!!! Its sooo scary but unfortunatly they see soo many miscarrages that they sort of just palm you off because there is nothing that can be done and its definatly disheartening but that's just what they do!
  • @Did you still have brownish blood after you bled red? After I got the little bit of red, and the clot, I've only seen brown. =/ I'm assuming it was because I was doing too much, and lifting heavy objects?
  • Glad to hear everything is ok....but it could be placenta previa...request an ultrasound to check on your placenta. Hope everything ends up ok for you!
  • I had complete placenta previa at my 20 week ultrasound, they pretty much told me it was not going to change and I was going to need a C section...luckily that scan they couldn't finish checking everything about my daughter, so I came back 2 weeks later so they could finish the scan...and I asked the tech to check the placenta and she wouldn't, saying there's no way it would have moved yet...but at the last second she put it back on and checked it, and it was in the right position!
    Anyways, a sign of placenta previa can be bleeding, the point in sharing my story is, even if you do end up having it, there's still hope for it to "migrate" even when the doctors have zero faith. :)
  • @Summergirl22 I'm going to go to the ER tomorrow. I've been having some slight cramping, and my back has been hurting..and still seeing brown blood, and some pink streaks...so I'm def going to go and demand an ultrasound from them to see if anything's changed. I can't even sleep because all I can think about is if everything is ok!
  • edited March 2012
    awe that sux, go as soon as you can girl, don't even call your doctor, I mean you should call when you're literally in the car driving there, and tell them you're going in, rather than asking them. And yes demand an ultrasound and as many tests as possible, demand an answer, you have to advocate for yourself. Don't let them try to convince you"its nothing" or its normal...get the answer why this is happening to you.
    Good luck, feel better and keep me posted...you and your little one are in my prayers

Always trust your instincts :)
  • @summergirl22 after I woke up today, I went to the bathroom and no brown/pink blood...so I don't know what's going on. I'm going to go to the ER if I start seeing it again. I've never delt with anything like this! :(