my ob is pregnant?!

And due 3 Weeks before me:/
I highly doubt she'll be there for my delivery since she'll be on maternity leave.
That ticked me off since I have to wait until i'm 32 Weeks to meet a new Dr that will more than likely deliver me. Just got me mad that she waited this long for me to get comfortable with her to tell me that I won't be seeing her after 37weeks

Comments

• Hun you cant be that mad at her :( .. shes having a baby after all.. it sucks that you have to get new doctor so far into the pregnancy :( .. im sorry .. it should be a really horrible feeling . Good luck finding a doctor you like :D
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Chances are she wouldn't have delivered you anyway if she wasn't on call. When I went into labor and had my son, a doc from the practice whom I'd never met delivered him because he was the one on call from the practice. That's just how it works a lot of the time. If you like her, chances are you'll like her partners in the practice, too.
  • My dr. was the only one in his practice and was on vacation because it was christmas eve. I had a dr from a completely different practice but loved him.
  • The Dr is only there for the last few pushes anyway. At least in Canada. So the nurses are the important ones.
  • Ya from my experience it really doesnt matter too much in the practice I sent to there were 3 doc I met two of the 3 and when I had my lo it was the one I never met who delivered me and I loved her she was only there towards the but very nice :)
  • Most doctors only deliver you if you're induced and it's on a day in which they're able to, so the likeliness of her delivering you during spontaneous labor is slim anyway. I get the reason you're upset, because you feel like you've wasted your time and all. Maybe find another doc now that does all their own deliveries so that this issue doesn't arise later in your pregnancy!
  • I had 4 doctors and the one on the birth certificate I had never met...
  • How far along are you? if she bigger or how did you not notice her prego belly lol.
  • I had to switch to a different ob at a different hospital. I thought It was going to b aweful bc my First ob had just told me i had gestational diabeties & started me on insulin & i left kaiser at 14 weeks & kaiser was kind enough to give me insulin til i found a New ob bc i had no more insurance. But i finally had a New ob by 20 weeks. I loved her & she was awesome :) so i hope u find a New ob & have a great journey with her/him.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • She's 29 Weeks pregnant but not slowing nearly as much as me! Lol plus the Dr coat she wears makes it hard to see at all!
    I'm just going to delivery on our military base, no use in getting close to another Dr. at least on base I know its gonna be someone random lol
  • I understand where you're coming from. However, at your first appointment did you address this topic? Did you ask if she would be the one delivering you 100%? I'm sure if you did, she would have answered you honestly. Seems like there was a lack of communication on both parts. She sees this from a doctor's perspective in that an OB rarely actually delivers you unless it is scheduled. Sorry that you have to go through this! You'll be fine regardless! :)
  • @captivated she just found out she was pregnant like two months ago. But yes I did ask at my second appt if it was going to be only her cause im a ftm and was creeped out about people I didnt know coming into my delivery room feeling me up lol so yes lack of communication on her part.
  • Lol! Very true @mom2ing!