walking?

edited March 2012 in Walking
When did you kids start walking? My daughter is almost 10 months and not walking she barely tries..she crawls extremely well so I think she get sick of trying to walk and knows its faster if she crawls..what are somethings I can do to get her to start trying to walk..she has a fisher price dino she can walk behind that I try everyday but she doesn't seem interested...at what age should I start to worry?

Comments

• My daughter started standing with assistance (pulling up) at 8 months, first steps at 10 1/2, and walking around shortly before her first birthday.

My son pulled up at 11 months and wasn't walking until 18 months.

Every child is diffrent some babies don't start walking till a year and a half. As long as her pedi is okay with how she is developing no worries. She might be a late physical developer because she is focusing on social development.
  • My son was standing alone and cruising at 9 months, and actually walking at 10 months. My daughter, however, is 10 and a half months and is barely starting to cruise. She's starting to stand alone for a few seconds at a time, but doesn't show any signs of full on walking unassisted at the moment. We are almost there, but not quite. Hopefully around her 1st birthday in May...
  • Oh, and my niece is 20 months and isn't walking yet. Like @conreeaght said, all babies are not equal and will do things on their terms. No need to worry, when babe is ready, she will wake up one day and decide it's time!
  • My son is nine months still has not started crawling yet i dont understand im worried
  • My son is 9 months and took his first steps two days ago.
  • My son is about to be 15months and just takes steps still not there yet..sigh :(