Comments

• Oh my! What's next.
  • Ridiculous!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I have 3 boxes of those, and am using them RIGHT NOW!! :((
  • @homebirthadvocate what do u use? I have been thinking of trying the diva cup...

@lilsugarsmomma good thing I posted this!!
  • edited March 2012
    Before my baby my cycles were always really painful...I mean so painful I couldn't even think straight....and now they arnt bad at all...and I think it's bc I haven't used a tampon in more than a year, so my body is free from those chemicals...anyway, I have been thinking of the cup so I could also cut the chemicaly pads...

@homebirthadvocate how hard are the cotton pads to clean?

@sophiasmom11 I did hear reviews that some women have problems with sizes on the diva cups.... Maybe HBA can shed some light...
  • Diva cup or mama cloth! Or moon cup! Lol
  • I use the instead cups as well, most of the time but do still use tampons when swimming.
  • And yes commercial pads/tampons create cramps and other issues
  • @bahamamama4828 if I had know that before my life these past 12 years would have been soooooooo much easier!!

I am afraid its gonna gross me out to clean it...is it bad?
  • I wonder if they could be the reason for painful ovulation. I never had it until I had my son. It was moderately painful, buy manageable. Ever since I've had my daughter, the pain is unbearable when I ovulate. The day that I ovulate, I'm out of contention because I'm either doped up on pain meds, or I'm doubled over in pain.

I've always wanted to try one of those cups, but have been too scared.
  • They aren't bad. Dump in toilet and rinse is what I did when I had a period.
    '
  • The cloth pads sound heavenly! I'm going to do some research here in a bit.
  • You know what HBA...your right! We do clean poo daily...how is the cup any different? I think I am going to try them!
  • Mama cloth on etsy !
  • @lilsugarsmomma this happened last year, don't worry the ones you have are fine. When this happened I had those but the lot number wasn't part of the recalls. Also it was only in a few states, not mine...but it did make me worry!
  • U scared me for a moment there but then I realised it was only the tampons which I do not use
  • @summergirl22 if it happened last year I wonder why it was on the front page of Yahoo news yesterday....hmmm
  • That's weird maybe it was a glitch :-?
    If you don't believe me click comments and you'll see people commenting from nov, 2011...even in the link you posted it has the date ...11/14/2011
  • Oh good! #:-s I was a little worried there LOL.
  • No no I beleve you! I was just wondering what was up with yahoo...dang yahoo!
  • I read it and it says 2011.. I was worried for a second.
  • Well if they were delivered to stores at the end of the year there is still a chance that the store you bought them from still has some. Or someone like me who could have bought them then found out they were prego so no use for them till after baby. So they are under my sink waiting for me. So if I were you guys its better safe then sorry to check what you have :)
  • edited March 2012
    Yeah I checked mine last year when I found out...even though I wasn't in the states listed I still checked the batch number on my box. If products are recalled, stores are mandated to pull them. Although I think there's some who might not, in that case I'd find a new store to shop at! Lol at least I know Walmart has had some things on their shelves that have been recalled, but surprisingly if an item is scanned the Walmart registers will not let it be purchased, and the employee gets a message that the item can't be sold because it's been recalled or something like that. So at least Walmart is safe! Lol
  • PS watermelon is fine lol small with no pulpy stuff