avent or ameda breast pumps..cant decide

I'm looking to try breastfeeding again when this baby is born in a few weeks and I'm looking at a good but CHEAP breastpumps. I have been looking at both the Philips Avent model and the Ameda Truly yours breasted pump. Both look great and have both good and bad reviews. I read the Ameda beeps while pumping and the agent Model is very quiet...so many good/bad things with either one I'm not sure which one to buy...has anyone used any one of these pumps and can tell me more about them??

Comments

• I have the phillips avent double electric it retails at 220$ at babies are us but I got it on sale at amazon.com for 115$ I liked it but didnt use it that long bc my supply dried up from not pumpinv enough over night.
  • Yeah I found one for $150 and I'm liking what it looks like but Ameda looks nice too since its a medela product. I just don't want to spend a ton of money since breastfeeding didn't work put too well the last time.... :( @kat1223
  • I totally understand my sister spent $300 on her medela and we pumped the same ( we had babies 4 days apart) and we would always get about the same in the same amount of time sometimes I would even get more it does depend on your body but I felt my avent worked just as good as the medela!
  • I have a dbl elec ameda purely yours pump. Got it for free from WIC since I was going back to work. Love it!
  • Free from Wic!
  • @mom2ing I have tricare insurance and they wont pay unless my baby is premmie and has a poor latch. Cant get WIC either since muly husband and I are both active duty military and make too much.

@caroline8_p does the beeping get to be too much for you? That what I'm worried about...and do u know if the medela products like the bottles fit onto the Ameda?
  • O yea I totally forgot about that when I took my birthing class the teacher said obama passed a law that insurance companies had to include breast pumps in coverage she gave me paper work on it but it didnt go into effect until jan. I needed one sooner
  • I barely hear it. If your in complete silence, then it will sound like an annoying alarm. Lol. But its not loud. And any standard bottle fits it :)
  • Oh! Ameda then!
  • I tried both and absolutely loved the Ameda!!
  • I have never tried the ameda but I used the Avent with all 3 of my babies and love it
  • Hmmm thanks ladies! I think I'm leaning towards the Ameda....
  • I have the ameda. Ive never heard a beeping noise.
  • edited April 2012
    @kat1223 I wish it were true that insurance companies had to cover one. Cuz my insurance sure as heck doesn't! And I even have good medica insurance! But My sil is letting me borrow hers I just have to get the tubing & stuff!
  • Yeah I did borrow the medela from a good friend at work. Just used new tubing and whatnot but the knob that determines the suction broke off and my pump has been "discontinued" so I cant get a new one and the warrenty is expired. U can buy the faceplate and stuff on the website but I don't want to spend $40+ for it. And since I would like to really try with breastfeeding I'm just going to buy my own :) although I do wish tricare would pay for one for me or at least pay rental fees...but oh well