6 month WIC appt?

edited May 2012 in Formula Feeding
At your 6 month WIC appt did the amount of formula you get go down?

Comments

• Yes :/ it went from 10 to 7, she doesnt eat enough food to cut out that much formula
  • Yes they cut it dwn to 7 cans and give you 16 fruit gerbers and 16 veggie gerbers and like 3 boxes of cereal
  • @kimberly4411 @jen91811
    That sucks. I get 10 cans now and still have to buy a can or 2 a month! In struggling as it is.
  • Ive actually always have about 2 cans left oer month cuz she eats solids
  • @jen91811 my lo eats solids also and still drinks 32ozs a day.
  • Well Wic isn't supposed to cover 100%
  • What kind of formula does WIC use?
  • @steph_due_101611 I already know that. It doesn't cover it 100% now. I have to buy 1-2 cans a month now. I'm not asking for them to cover it 100%
  • edited May 2012
    @2ndbutfirst id rather buy the food than formula. Much cheaper. And same here..some months are hard. Not all but some months we are behind.
  • @babyhope7 depends on your state. NC uses Enfamil but my bfd lived in Oregon and they used Similac.
  • @2ndbutfirst my lo doesn't eat cereal. Can I tell them I don't need that?
  • that sucks I'm on the save page I told them I was half and they give me 4 cans for every one month I still have to buy formula all the time. I think next time I'm just going to tell them she eats all formula now. BC it is mostly formula I have always had low supply and now that I'm always working it really sucks. Do they give less food if it all formula?
  • @jules yea you get less food but having to buy extra food is cheaper to me than having to buy formula. Id rather buy the food.
  • Wish I got WIC....Ill even take 1 can of formula a month!
  • Yes I'm the same way plus I already have lots of cereal for her that was given to us. I think I have like 20 boxes. And the food they give for the family we don't always use it all. I think I'm just going to tell them she is on just formula now.
  • @mimii36 what type of formula is she on???
  • @kyliemomma trust me I'm thankful for what I get. We haven't always had week either. Only 2 months now. So I know how it is.

@mybabe enfamil gentlease
  • I Breastfeed... So I guess I get a little more since there isn't formula issued

32 fruits
    32 veggies
    40 meats
    4 fresh bananas
    1 large box of cereal/oatmeal
    1 small box if cereal/oatmeal
  • @2ndbutfirst we just moved here and my son is almost 10 months and doesnt get meats at all. ???
  • @kindell only bf mommas gets meats
  • @2ndbutfirst ... @kindell ...

I'm in Cali and @mimii36 maybe only for BF. I know I get a lot more food for myself cause of it.
  • I went from 10 to 7 since about 6 months and my daughter is 10 months
  • Got ya
  • If you get the bridge card can you still get wic too? I never applied for wic.
  • @kidman is that like food stamps?
  • I get wic...here's a different comment...I wish my income was high enough that I didn't qualify to be on wic! :)

And you can tell them your baby doesn't eat the cereal, but they won't give you something in place of it. I just donate the cereal.
  • @summersgirl22 me too! I hate being on wic.
    And I told them she doesn't care for cereal but they just said keep trying.
  • I agree! I wish I didn't need it but considering i do; I'm grateful to have it. My daughter used to like the oatmeal kind but she doesn't care for it anymore. Honestly, don't worry about it, the cereal is most important for breastfeed babies since formula already has enough iron for them.
    I agree I wish they didn't drop down the formula, I'd rather buy the baby food. It is like $8 for 16 cans. I end up buying her baby food anyhow, since the ones wic covers are limited.
  • They dropped my son down from 6 cans to 4, but he won't drink it..so I have to but SIMILAC. Gerber Good Start smells/looks nasty and is a green color when mixed. I just donate the baby food & cereal..my son hates it..much rather have what's on my plate :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.