October 2012, who knows the gender yet??

How are you mommies? We are getting awfully close to the halfway point! Yaaaay!
I'm due October 1. My anatomy scan is tomorrow morning at 9:15. I will be 18w3d. We aren't planning to find out the sex this time, but since I am high risk I will be having an u/s every other week beginning at 24 weeks. It is going to be hard to have that many more u/s and not peek between LB's legs so we MIGHT end up finding out after all. I will be posting pics as soon as I am home tomorrow so @NylasMommy, @MyHEARTZx3 @ArmahnisMommy @Kayleigh27 and @PreggoinTX be on the lookout for cute little u/s pics. I am going to chug some orange juice in the morning so baby will put on a good show for us.

Comments

• Good luck :D
  • edited May 2012
    Awe good luck hun :) I hope u do decide to find out BC its so exciting. Im so happy for u. Thank u for the tag. Im going to sign on 2moro just to check on ur update :) hope all goes well & baby is healthy mama. Cant wait to see pictures :x
  • @EricaK22 Thanks. :-)

@NylasMommy Thanks. Me too girl, me too. Trying my best to remain positive. We shall see. I'm strongly feeling like it is a girl though. :X
  • @2ndbutfirst Thank-you. :-) How cool! I know for a fact I will be early, I'm being induced early or mid-September because I had a stillbirth at 31 weeks October 2011. So this is a very scary pregnancy. So far so good by the grace of God though.
  • Lol u better get some rest. I hate waiting lol. Do u want a lil girl this time?? I hope u get what u want & baby is healthy. U deserve to b a mommy :)
  • @NylasMommy truthfully I always have wanted my firstborn to be a boy. I just feel like the younger siblings need a big brother to protect them. That and my husband is such a wonderful man that I feel like he deserves a son to do father/son things with and to teach him to be an even better man than he is. But after losing our son last October I honestly do not care if it is a boy/girl, which is kinda why we want a surprise. Technically, although Maxwell is in Heaven, my firstborn will always be a boy and I know in my heart he is already the best big brother I could ever want his siblings to have. ♥ :X

It's going to be hard shopping though and having to pass up all the cute things specifically for a boy or girl. We might buy a few girl and boy outfits but not until I get to the very end and keep the receipts to return what we do not need. I refuse to bring our baby home in green, yellow, or orange. lol
  • @NylasMommy I forgot to add why I think it is a girl. My pregnancy has been relatively the same but I have been sooo tired this time around. My Dr. has the worst time finding this baby's hb with the Doppler. "She" loves to play hide and seek, she's kinda hard to find cause she always nestles in my lower left corner of my uterus. Even when I feel movement now it is usually on my left, with Maxwell he was always in the center or on the right. Also when I was pregnant with Maxwell and all I ever dreamed was he was a girl, even after I we knew he was a boy and this time; I've had a couple of dreams of this baby being a boy so I think it is a girl.
  • edited May 2012
    I always thought that too that I should have a son first to protect the siblings lol BC my mom has five girls n two boys n im the oldest. But my mom was pregnant with a boy before me but he didnt make it. Its good to hear u have a loving supportive husband. Thats y u guys deserve a baby. well I hope this time around it is a beautiful lil girl. I hate having to buy clothes n not knowing the sex. But if u guys can wait more power to u. Is ur baby active in the belly? If they cant find the hb with the doppler then they should give u an us to see the hb :) but anyways, good nite n good luck n drink lots of oj lol
  • Wooot so excited for ya!! :)
  • @NylasMommy He/she is kinda active. Mostly active at night. When I was typing the comment about why I think it is a girl, he/she was very active then. It's like LB ws trying to tell me that I am right about him/her being a girl. lol The past two times they did an u/s but I didn't get a pic cause the did a quick check for the heartbeat. My placenta was a little low so it was kinda hard to find baby because of that. But tomorrow I will get pics and a DVD so I am sooo excited about it.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom's first little boy. :-(

Night Night.
  • Your welcome! I bet there's not going to be much sleeping tonight is there? :)
  • I thought the same thing that I was gonna have a boy but thats not the case, Im gonna have a girl soon :)
  • Good luck mámá
  • @kayleigh27 I slept better than expected. haha Congrats on having your little man. I'm sure he is adroable.

@AishaMusa Thanks. Everything went great. I can't wait to deliver so see what this little one is. :-)
  • Thank you! I'm sure your LO will be just as cute :)
  • Glad everything went well :)
  • Were having another boy! Due October 3. So nervous bc I dont feel him yet and don't feel pregnant... Hope you can have your surprise. I get too anxious and don't think I could wait!
  • Lol exciting that u get that many ultrasounds! Glad everything went good. And yea with that many us it might be hard to keep the sex a surprise haha ima go look for the us pics now ;)
  • @mommy2ari my bestie delievered twin girls so exciting she hd three boys than 6 years later 2 girls haaha
  • edited May 2012
    @mmomma1013 Aaaaw congrats! Well given the circumstances that surrounded my last pregnancy I don't mind keeping the sex a surprise until the birth. :-) We just want a healthy baby. :-)
    And I try not to worry much about the movement just yet. I am 18w4d and I thought baby would be a lot more active by now since this is my second pregnancy to progress, I feel LB late night and early morning. In my u/s yesterday we saw that LB likes to face my back to I may not feel strong movement until 20+ weeks if that pattern continues. It just might. haha Cause LB looked hella comfty in that position yesterday. lol

@Mommy2Ari How exciting! Congrats. I used to want twins but now I am happy that this LO will get time to be the only child for a while. Twins that are firstborn miss out on that but at the same time, I know the twin bond is extra special. It's almost like you were born with your best friend. :-)