Cloth diapers <3

Who cloth diapers? What kind and brand do you use? What kind of detergent do you use? How many diapers do you have?

I use alva baby and sunbaby pocket diaper. And I use arm and hammer with oxi clean(powder) and 1/4 of a cup of bleach. And I have 44 diaper and I want more lol

Comments

• I'm telling you CDA lol
  • You know I :X you! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Elizabeth is going to be potty trained before you know it, are you sure you can part with them lol
  • @homebirthadvocate I would have loved to if only I had my own washer and dryer :(
  • I do, but I use disposables too. I use the old fashioned kind :P I use All free & clear and then during the rinse I pour a cup of white vinegar in. And I have about 60. I want to get some covers so I don't have to use these stupid plastic pants! They are so loud when my son wiggles around at night
  • She has cute ones! Post pictures Nicole! :)
  • I use Econobum and BumGenius Freetime.

We have 8 Econobums and 6 BumGenius.

We use All free and clear.
    Rockin green is a popular detergent too.
  • edited May 2012
    I have resorted to buying locally @homebirthadvocate look up Luann at littlebumsnmore.com she is in salem/keizer. Area though.
    I use ecos or rockin green brands. Vinegar as well
  • I will in the morning @Summergirl22 im not parting with them until I have my next child!! I need CDA lol
    @HomeBirthAdvocate. I really love sunbaby diapers! Im slowly switching my stash to them cause they fit and so freaking cute!! If you have facebook add me nbonilla1989@aim.com im in lots of crunchy mama groups that are very helpful with cloth diaper. But it becomes an addiction I swear!!
  • @EricaK22 if you add me on facebook I can add you to groups that you can buy used covers for cheap! Ive buy lots of used diapers.
  • how many do you use by the time you do a wash?
  • Awesome! I will do that. Is it ppl around the US or in just a certain area? I live in FL. I was looking into buying used ones since new is expensive.
  • @Summergirl22 I wash every 2 to 3 days. I use about half in 3 days. And washing day is an all day event at my house
  • I sent you a request btw..my names Erica
  • @EricaK22 all around the US. Ill add you in the morning cause fb mobile is being stupid
  • Mines nicole!
  • that's a good amount you have then, just in case your washer broke or something lol you would still have some...wow why does it take so long to wash them or do you mean all your clothes as well?
  • @Summergirl22 just diapers. I take them out side and rinse out the pooped ones. Them I stick about 12 to 14 diapers in the washer. I do 3 hot water rinses. Then a hot water wash. Then 3 more hot rinses. Then off to the dryer.
  • If my washer broke I would go my some huggies lol
  • edited May 2012
    geez that's a lot of work (it's like a part time job)! lol ...oh yes huggies....i switched to pampers now, huggies stopped hugging lol
  • I plan on it when ever I get preggo! So far I have 23! 6 sunbaby 5 coolababy and a few other brands like happy heiny(sp) Charlie banana or something lol...I'm already addicted! I also plan on making them too! I already made extra inserts and a ton of wipes!
  • edited May 2012
    I use the fuzzibunz all in one/one size diapers. They have short and long inserts and snaps on the outside. They also have elastic on the inside that is adjustable for both the legs and waist. I have adjusted our diapers at least twice on the legs now. My daughter is 8 months old. I use equal parts borax, washing soda and oxy free. I like them. We have some leaks from time to time. Started out with 24 diapers and bought 12 more. I wash them every 2 days.

The only complaints I have about these diapers are sometimes the snaps fall off. If you take a picture and email the company they will send a new one. There are several snaps according to size though, so sometimes it isn't a big deal and other times it is. Also, we ended up having to buy the expensive sprayer that attaches to the toilet. Couldn't get the cheap version to attach.

I am pregnant with my second child and plan to continue using them hopefully until both children are potty trained.
  • @Scott_Jessica1stbaby i was planing on getting a toilet spray but i just go out side and spray them off with the hose.