Won't drink from a sippy cup?

edited May 2012 in Ages & Stages
My almost 7 month old won't drink from a sippy. She thinks its a toy and just chews on it. But she will drink from a regular cup. Anyone else's lo?

Comments

• Mine will only drink from it occasionally he will usually pick it up and drop it on the floor, over, and over, and over again.
  • Mine did that so I would try it again later with her. Eventually she got the hang of it and by 10 months she had completely gone to sippy cups
  • My oldest daughter did that. I went out and bought every type of sippy and I finally found one she liked. I don't remember what brand, as it was 11 years ago lol, but I know it was one of the super cheap ones and had a soft top. Maybe a soft top would work better with your daughter too?
  • U have to try diff ones, i tried 3 diff cups befire scarlett would take one.. she loves the Nuk starter cup, & it doesn't leak!!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Same here no luck
  • Same here. Keegan just chews on it. I've tried 3 different ones.. even tried the same brand sippy as the bottle she uses hoping they'd be similiar. Nope. No luck. Guess I'll be trying later.
  • Juliana will only use ones with a straw. She likes water bottles and regular cups. My SIL was shocked when.she saw her drinking out of a straw but that's what works for hee.
  • AJ does that my mom said I will go through alot bc babies live to teeth on them.
  • Ollie does drink from his...but when he is teething he loves to just tip it up and chew on the plastic with the cool water in it.
  • @navybabyonway how old was she when she started the straw?
  • @mimii36 my hubby started letting her at like 9ish months and then at about 10th months we got her the sippy
  • McKinley only will do the straw ones too. She started around 7 months with it, took some practice but is a pro now.