Times like this...

edited May 2012 in Ages & Stages
Times like this make me wanna be a SAHM! My daughter has started experiencing separation anxiety. She is 9 months old. She cries horribly when I leave her, and for no reason when she is away from me. whomever is sitting for the sometimes calls me and puts me on speaker phone so she can talk to me and it helps most of the time. I work 2-16 hour days and 1-12 hour day every week. We rely on 2 incomes so not working isn't an option. I just don't know what to do or how to help her.
Any tips suggestions or ideas on how to help her through this stage?

Comments

• Make picture books that she can look at and that the caregiver can show to her.
  • Spray a lil bit of your scent on a stuffed toy or blanket. Or wash it with your detergent.
  • I am a SAHM, but I'm still dealing with this issue right now too.. She doesn't like to be away from me at all. I find if I can distract her with a toy or game before I slip out of the room (even to go to the kitchen to get a drink) that she doesn't notice I'm gone. I was reading an article on this topic just this week. Hope it helps you some.
    http://www.babycenter.com/0_separation-anxiety_145.bc