one or two carseats

I am ready to get the next size carseat. I don't know if I should just get one and keep it in my car or if I will need two. We rarely take the other car but my husband will be at home with the baby a couple of hours each night without my car. He says he won't need to go any where during that time. I was thinking of getting a really nice one for my car and a cheaper one to leave at the house just for an emergency. Do you think two are necessary our could we get away with one?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Well do you have a way of taking her places without a carseat when you dont need a car? Like a carrier or something? If you do then theres no reason why you would need two.
  • I agree with @HomeBirthAdvocate :) check the weight limit or buy a inexpensive one
  • Yup, TWO. Things could happen as to were daddy needs a car seat too
  • Or save money & leave the one by the front door, for whichever parent to use.

Just cause legs are crossed rear facing in the regular car seat doesn't mean you can't use it.
  • We have two...we use mine more often but you never know when dad may need to take her and he doesn't have a carseat to do it
  • We have 3 actually, a really nice one in my car, my mom has a cheap one in her car and hubby has a cheap one also.
  • Two! You do not want to keep removing a seat.
  • You could always just buy two bases, unless you are using a convertible, which then buy two.
  • Thanks ladies!!!! I am going to get a britax boulevard for my car and an evenflo tribute for emergency use. We will switch it if we are going to take dads car. All together it will cost 290 through Amazon.
  • Thats great, I only have one convertible and it's a pain. I wanted two, but the one I got was 205 alone hubby said we couldn't have two :( my son is really big and grows out of things ssooo fast. Hes only 8months and weighs 23 lbs 31 inches long. He grew out of his carrier along time ago, but faces reverse in his "lazy boy" lol. Glad you were able to get two!
  • Wow, he is big. =) Yes, I didn't want to spend that much but I looked at reveiws and a lot of people liked that Britax. She can use it until she is 70lbs. She is 7 months and only weighs 16 lbs, so it should last a while. I was going to go with the one she could use until 55 lbs but people seemed to like this one better. @PregnantElf The one I have now goes up to 22 lbs but it seem like it is getting a little small and I don't want to wake up one morning and not have one. Like you said they grow so fast. I am hoping to have another baby before two years so I will be able to use the one that goes up to 22 lbs again when the new baby arrives. The Britax I am getting was 309 at Babies R us and 238 on Amazon with free shipping.
  • I have recaro convertable carseat i love it. The only thing he sometimes gets sweaty
  • I have recaro convertable carseat i love it. The only thing he sometimes gets sweaty
  • Sorry for double post
  • @stephforever89 I heard good things about the recaro too. The only reason I didn't go with that brand is because people were saying how big it was rear facing but it got really good safety reveiws and the price was about the same. Do you have one or two carseats?
  • We were given a nice Evenflo one from a military baby shower and then we bought a cosco one for my husbands car
  • edited May 2012
    I have a carrier which my hubby and family use and the recaro in my car. Rear facing isnt to bad its actually better than my carrier. But when he out grows the carrier we r just going to buy him a new recaro gve his old seat to a future ( way into the future )brother or sister. They only thing i dont like is if u dont run ac baby gets sweaty. Material is super soft though
  • Sweats around his head only
  • The convertible I got goes to 100 lbs, his infant seat went to 30 but only went to 30 inches, when he hit 29 inches the pediatrician said he was to big and to get the enflo symphony 65 E3 it's awesome and actually starts at 5 lbs , so the next baby can have it from the start!
  • @pregnantelf your pediatrician recommend one? That's cool!
  • Yea, she is pretty awesome, she has little ones and is sooo informative. Shes also very chill, last time we saw her she was checking his boy parts and he peed all over her white shirt, she just laughed and kept examining him, didn't wipe it till she was done. Shes also pro breast feeding, but not pushy, and also anti vaccinations!