physical therapy

edited June 2012 in Ages & Stages
My little guy had his appointment with the early intervention physical therapist today and she said he's in the bottom 1% for his large motor skills:( He turns one in two days and he's physically at the level of a 6 month old. Anyone else had a baby that was way behind and when did they start crawling and walking and pulling up?

Comments

• My niece is 2 months from being 2 and isn't walking yet. She's cruising, but she won't walk unassisted. She has physical therapy, but I'm not sure exactly how often it is.
  • edited June 2012
    Bump...
  • I looked after a little girl who was only cruising till she was two (and needing a lot of support). She had lots of tests and turned out she was just lazy and carried around lots at home! We just had to really encourage and practise with her. Putting toys out of reach etc. They were also advised to use a hula hoop, the adult holds the top and she would hold the bottom (she would be stood in front of the adult facing forwards). I say just keep practising that's all you can do! Swimming is good too, moving in the water builds up more muscle so maybe try that. You can also just try the bath, Riley kicks his legs so hard in the bath! Good luck hun
  • I didnt walk until almost 3 years lol i'm perfectly fine, just so you know.
    Good Luck!!!