Stupid question..lol

edited June 2012 in Ages & Stages
My son will be 1 July 9th..my question is..what the hell do I feed him after I stop giving him a bottle?? Lol

Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Snacks?? What do I give him and how much?? He eats like a little piggy, and after he eats he gets an 8oz bottle. I refuse to buy toddler formula, and he eats pretty much whatever I'm eating.

Comments

• When my daughter turned one. I had her on a schedule, breakfast when she woke up, a snack, lunch, snack, dinner. I found a meal schedule for toddlers online, I googled it, I don't remember right now.. I started her on cow's milk as soon as she turned one. She only used to drink 2 or so bottles during the day
  • It's not a stupid question just continue to feed him what ur eating 3 meals a day a snacks. That's what I did when my son turned one he didn't really want but 1 or 2 bottles during the day.
  • @twoisenough I guess I will have to wait and see how much he eats when I take the bottles away. What do you give your lo as snacks?
  • My kids ate what we ate. My son was difficult tho bc he won't eat much. For breakfast usually eggs. Whole grain toast. Snacks I usually had some kind of fruit bananas, raisins are good. Lunch is hard to say bc I worked and they ate at my moms...so whatever my mom had. I would sometimes do just peanut butter on whole grain bread, jelly was too messy. Dinner was whatever we ate, chicken, fish...we don't eat a ton of carbs so usually meat and veggies. You'll find what works for you. For a treat for snacks I get teddy grahams, the small ones. Cheerios are good for snacking...I. carry a bag with me when out.
  • I need this info too for October lol
  • edited June 2012
    @ericak22 sometimes at that age they really don't know when there full so u might have to determine how much food is enough. And as for snacks I give fruit I just cut it up in small pieces. My son is 3 now and he will choose fruit over chips an other junk food. And I will offer the same thing when my daughter turn 1. Oh and I also gave teddy grahams and cheese crackers and cheerios mostly if we where leaving the house. But like the above stated u will find out what works for u and ur lo cuz every child is different.
  • You can continue baby formula and slowly cut bottles back. I just do breakfast lunch and diner and its similar to what I eat and snacks between. My son didn't like cows milk right away so kept having formula for a,while during the transition