spoiled? or loved?

edited June 2012 in Ages & Stages
So I have been home with Xavier for two weeks now (just for the summer)and i dropped him off at the sitters cause i picked up a shift at my old job for some extra money. When i picked him up the sitter (which is my best friend) said that he was out of control he wanted to be picked up and paid attention to none stop he crawl but doesn't walk so when the other kids would get up from sitting around him he would throw a fit.i know that i 'm home one on one with him and he does play by himself. I do let him cry but usually after 5 minutes. I give in and pick him up. I just don't have the heart to let him cry. I don't want people to think of him as a spoiled only child but i think of it more like i love him and the time that we have so letting him fuss seem ridiculous if i could sooth him am i wrong?

Comments

• No you arent wrong. I dont let my daughter fuss when I can help it. But Before I resort to picking Keegan up, Ill talk real soft to her and try to calm.her that way. If talking doesnt work, Ill rub her back.. then if those fail then I pick her up.
  • I dont think you are wrong at all... I think babies need time to get used to new people and new enviroments, and maybe he is having some seperation anxiety. It takes more then watching a baby one time to get to know them and to even be able to say the baby was "out of control".
  • @my2boys he goes there when i worked durning the school year so he knows her and all the kids he is just home with me for the summer cause i work for a school district so i get summers off. So she was kinda implying that he has gotten worse since he has neen home with me sorry i should of been a little more specific when tell you guys. @1stwoodsbaby maybe i'll try rubbing and talking first and see how that works i usually let him fuss for a bit and then just give in i do believe that he has me figured out lol.
  • Maybe he was just missing his mom, babies that age have fussy days and good days. If he was constantly like that then maybe it would be a problem, but I think babies need babied :) they are just so tiny and helpless!
  • Lol he may. Babies are smart and catch on to.things like that rather quickly.
  • Your not wrong! I feel bad leaving my lo with someone because I wear him and rock him to sleep. The girl who does watch him when I need never has a problem tho. if your home and able...why let your baby cry...? people raise their kids different and maybe she was one who didn't pick her kids up with every cry. YOU do what you gotta do for you're baby!
  • @sands3 that is how i am i rock him an d i try not to let him fuss she never had a problem eith him before he would be fuss some days but she was always good about it she just made it seem like it was so much worse now that he's home with me. Thanks ladies i just need someone to reassure me.