Toddlers and cups...

edited June 2012 in Ages & Stages
So my 3 year old, will be 4 in Sept. and is starting preschool this fall... well he still uses a sippy cup. He can drink out of a regular cup and out of juice boxes but he doesnt like either of them. He never had a problem getting rid of the bottle or paci they were both gone by 1 year old. I need some help with this one, because I cant send him to school with a sippy cup in his lunch box.......... AHH. I just dont know what to do, I dont want him to get dehydrated and that is what might happen if I just take it away bc he will just leave the cup sit there. Also, I have a 9 month old who is now using sippy cups (still a bottle too) but I dont want to give the LO a sippy cup but then tell my 3 year old no you cant have one anymore... any ideas?

Comments

• Maby try haveing ur 3yr old give his sippys to the younger one, and get him special cups like with his favroet anamel or tv person on them. Idk good luck tho.
  • with josh, we made a big deal about going to choose him a beaker for his lunchbox, and again with his very 'own big boy cup'. he chose one with a puzzle built into it, and hes still got it to this day, hes ten now xx
  • @JoshnEviesmum @acw104 thanks we had him pick out some disney cups and he does fine with the but constantly keeps asking for a silly cup. I feel bad but he needs to work on his independence before school starts.
  • *sippy cup